Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Found this on Myspace last night

Old 04-01-2008, 02:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found this on Myspace last night

So last night I'm prettybored, and browsing Myspace just for the hell of it, and I run across someone with a picture of a gun as their profile pic, a girl I might add. Now there is nothing wrong with girls shooting guns, in fact I think it's pretty cool when a girl can shoot a gun and feel comfortable withit, but in this situationthis wasn't the case.I'm not talking semi-auto pistols, revolvers or long rifles...I'm talking a full auto submachine gun that was being used for the profile pic. This catches my interest, as I would consider myself a gun person, so I decide to take a closer look. When I opened the page,the themeimmediately screamed "gangster/thug",this is someone that is in my home town... I go to the pictures and this is what I find:
This is who the page belongs to--

And here is her "sexy man", sporting his very own Tec 9!

Not only does this **** me off that there are people here in my town showing off these types of guns, like they think they are some kind of badass, but the girl in the picture above is 19 according to her page, and so is the guy.These people are still around high school age, which is just crazy to me.There is "Southside Trece" all over this guys page, and according to Urban Dictionary (for what it's worth), "Trece when used with Sur (south) means gangster... so Sur Trece is Southside Gangster. Literally means 13 though, hence the gang affiliation. Mexican Mob. MS13. and etc.". This type of thing is the reason that I am going to get my CCW, it infuriates me to think that I should have toconstantly watch outfor these types of people in my town or anywhere else. Now I'm not going to do this because I am looking for a fight, I am getting my CCW because I want to be able to defend myself or those around me in the event that some serious situation arises and I don't want to be at the mercy of a criminal.We actually had a thuggish/cholo looking guy come to our local hangout last year and was askingwho we "claimed", like we even knewwhat the hell he was talking about. Someone said he had a gun sticking outof his waistband that was covered up by his shirt, and they caught a glimpse of it when he was pulling up on the bottom of his shirt whilehe was talking. I didn't notice it because I was too busy trying to figure out what the hell was going on. I didn't really have a point with all of this, I just wanted to share my find with you all and see what some of your opinions are on it. [>:]

Old 04-01-2008, 02:33 AM
Default RE: Found this on Myspace last night

he looks 12, where do hese people come from they see this "thug life" image on tv and try to live that way, i come from south boston, where the mob is every where, i saw ****e as a kid that was nuts, i am not nor will i every try to be a mobster, i dont get it. i have my ccw, got it a few years back for the same reason, dont blame you.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:42 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

One of the reasons your country scares me is you own guns over there like we own mobile phones .. or so it seems...

Guns are for hurting people :-(

Jules

Old 04-01-2008, 04:02 AM

Guns don't hurt people, people hurt people

Old 04-01-2008, 04:08 AM

ORIGINAL: Volksdragg

Guns don't hurt people, people hurt people
I know ... but they'll often do it with guns ...

Old 04-01-2008, 04:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was in our local news a while back.
The police are getting involved and the parents of these kids are being notified.

Old 04-01-2008, 04:54 AM
Banned

Eliminate the guns, and you elinate the gun crimes, right? Unfortunately, thats not always the case. If someone really wants a gun, not matter is it's illegal to own one or not, they're going to get one. It's always been that way. How often have you heard of some loser getting out of jail and shooting someone not long after. By law, these people are not allowed to own guns, but they find a way to get them. I do think that the general population doesn't need assult weapons like the one pictured above. Just my thoughts......

Old 04-01-2008, 05:19 AM
Banned

Let's not turn this into another gun thread, if people need to compensate let them compensate.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:22 AM

I am going to quietly step out of this ...

Jules

Old 04-01-2008, 06:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guns don't shoot people. Dick Cheney shoots people.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Found this on Myspace last night