Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Forza III

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Forza III

Has anyone else had the privilege of picking up this little slice of heaven? I though the second one was awesome until I played the third. It blew me away. The attention to detail and now you have the option of the cockpit view and see everything just as it is in each car and the gauges actually function properly, a novel idea.

However, I wish they would make one with bikes, that would be awesome.

Just a thought as I'm playing it right now and have been for the past 7 hours.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rocketsauce035
Has anyone else had the privilege of picking up this little slice of heaven? I though the second one was awesome until I played the third. It blew me away. The attention to detail and now you have the option of the cockpit view and see everything just as it is in each car and the gauges actually function properly, a novel idea.

Yea I got that one too, love it. WIsh I could learn to drift in it like they do in the video for that japan track tho lol

Old 01-01-2010, 10:31 AM

my son got it and raves... the detail is unmatched..racing games are now gonna be judged by this one...and ya playful the drifting looks sick , cant wait to blow that up..

Old 01-01-2010, 11:04 AM

I play online all the time. One of my car forums I am in play it with me. Krux303 just add me on there some time.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
Yea I got that one too, love it. WIsh I could learn to drift in it like they do in the video for that japan track tho lol
Drifting taking a lot of practice and getting use to a car. My suggestion is hit the e-brake before the turn since you want your nose to point in the turn at a slant before you start the drift. Everyone does drift different though.

Old 01-01-2010, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by rocketsauce035

Yes, I picked it up a couple of weeks ago after all the hype of it being a sim.

It's not a sim. I have played real simulators on my PC and compared to those it is simply another console racing game and nothing more.

The graphics were a disappointment as well, and I am playing through a 21" Dynaflat computer monitor.

More detailed than an HDTV.

I am just more than disappointed with this title.

Give me some more time with it and I may come to like it a little, but it's no sim and it's no graphical beauty either.

Also, the create a paint job option is sloppy and arcane at best.

I give it a 5 out of 10.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Originally Posted by bmgcya
Yes, I picked it up a couple of weeks ago after all the hype of it being a sim.

It's not a sim. I have played real simulators on my PC and compared to those it is simply another console racing game and nothing more.

The graphics were a disappointment as well, and I am playing through a 21" Dynaflat computer monitor.

More detailed than an HDTV.

I am just more than disappointed with this title.

Give me some more time with it and I may come to like it a little, but it's no sim and it's no graphical beauty either.

Also, the create a paint job option is sloppy and arcane at best.

I give it a 5 out of 10.

Sounds about right to me. I haven't played it but I'm looking for a sim not a racer and I'll still be waiting for GT5

Old 01-02-2010, 02:22 PM

the graphics arent as good as grid... it came out a few months before this but this game has alot of detail... its not a simulator yet but its close

Old 01-02-2010, 03:49 PM

Haven't played 3 yet, but I have 2 and Grid... 2 blows Grid away. Can't wait to pick up 3.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Krux
Drifting taking a lot of practice and getting use to a car. My suggestion is hit the e-brake before the turn since you want your nose to point in the turn at a slant before you start the drift. Everyone does drift different though.
Would upping the tire pressure and messing with spring settings help so it doesn't grip as well and slides more? I'm also trying to figure out the drifting.

Quick Reply: Forza III