Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Forum server must be dead

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Forum server must be dead

Why don't we all buy the site? Why don't we figure out how much the site would be to buy off the people who own it now, setup a PayPal account, get people to donate into it, and they have a site OWNED by the members?

Damn good idea if I say so myself.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Retired Moderator

lol .. with 5000 owner/admins I can see it now:

Name:  argument.gif
Views: 7
Size:  104.6 KB

Old 10-03-2008, 11:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ There would only be a handful of true owners...the CBRF illuminati...controlling everything...letting the other "members" think they own something. lol

Old 10-04-2008, 12:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

Why don't we all buy the site? Why don't we figure out how much the site would be to buy off the people who own it now, setup a PayPal account, get people to donate into it, and they have a site OWNED by the members?

Damn good idea if I say so myself.
good idea, but the corp that bought it has more $$ than we do. Hosting isnt an issue I got that covered, getting ownership is another tho lol.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:26 AM
Retired Moderator

We raised several thousand dollars to help a guy pay off his bike instead of loosing it, so I'm not worried about getting the funding...........and with only a handful of site sponsors, I'm willing to bet the site could be bought for a reasonable, achievable price.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:10 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

enjoy it, it goes down hill after that lol. I still watch it but it doesnt have the draw it did in the beginning.
Are you kidding?? ..season one and two were actually too slow for me ..oh I enjoyed them and loved the escapism, but season 3 really kicked it all off with the introduction of the "Others" and ... "what the hell is going on here??" ..lol

I enjoyed season 4 too but now we are being given some answers or are we?? ..lol ... but I just felt season 3 was some brilliant acting and drama especially from "Ben" Michael Emerson, his character has got to be one of the best and well acted I have ever seen ... I think he plays it really subtle, he is menacing yet plays it almost humourously ..he is a total RIOT!! ..argueing about LOST though is kinda like politics and religion I think, its so subjective depending on ones own life experiences and whether you are a people person or not ... so I will shut up now ...

LOST simply rocks!! *sticks out tongue*

Jules

Old 10-04-2008, 09:58 AM

i love the idea of the site being owned by the people......democracy>dictatorship

Old 10-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

^^ There would only be a handful of true owners...the CBRF illuminati...controlling everything...letting the other "members" think they own something. lol
CBRF Illuminati...hahahaha!!!

Quick Reply: Forum server must be dead