Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Forum server must be dead

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Forum server must be dead

they are working on the other sites 1st , we have considerably lower number of members opposed to some of the other sites so we have to just keep making due. the upgrades are coming ....everytime you say you dont believe ..a kitten or puppy dies.. do you really want that on your mind[:@], no i didnt think so

Old 10-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I hear you HAVOC, but when we have the levels of expertise available form the members, why not allow it to be used ?
There's an abundance of really competent guys on here, who have already indicated their willingness to help....
At least then, if it went all to hell, we'd know who to **** on !

Old 10-03-2008, 01:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Shadow1

I hear you HAVOC, but when we have the levels of expertise available form the members, why not allow it to be used ?
There's an abundance of really competent guys on here, who have already indicated their willingness to help....
At least then, if it went all to hell, we'd know who to **** on !
exactly

Old 10-03-2008, 01:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

they are working on the other sites 1st , we have considerably lower number of members opposed to some of the other sites so we have to just keep making due. the upgrades are coming ....everytime you say you dont believe ..a kitten or puppy dies.. do you really want that on your mind[:@], no i didnt think so
we have higher numbers than some of the sites that have already been upgraded too tho.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:35 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: lonewolfcbr
the next time i see a connection reset...the cat gets it

Wolfy!! ... VERY carefully ... STEP AWAY ..from ..the ..Kitteh!!

Old 10-03-2008, 01:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Juliet

ORIGINAL: lonewolfcbr
the next time i see a connection reset...the cat gets it

Wolfy!! ... VERY carefully ... STEP AWAY ..from ..the ..Kitteh!!

lol i was waiting for you to come in here!!!! On the contrary, i cannot step away from the kitteh for if i step away my foot will lift off of the pressure pad triggering an explosion that will surely kill us all...even you julbot, plant a bullet in my head and the same scenerio will unfold, only a few seconds sooner because of my satellite network monitoring my brain and heart activity. Despite all this there is still an option, simply turn around, see that mainframe over there, CBRF is due for an upgrade...Julbot is surely capable of hacking such a primitive machine...upgrade us...and the kitteh lives...

Oh, and don't try to take any other routes...an unsaid member on CBRF has a remote for the explosives, and he is watching us right now *winks*

Old 10-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok wolfy, but this is totally under duress!![:@] ... you harm one piece of kittehs fur and so help me God I will blow us all to Kingdom come!!

Now then, to owners of this site LISTEN!! ..I am going to say this once only ...

Old 10-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

ORIGINAL: Shadow1

Classic - we had no posting ability for DAYS on end , and it lasted for about, what, 6 weeks......? the site is privately owned and funded, but upgrades were promised which have so far not materialised. X, Wepps and Rrasco remember.......[X(][X(][X(]
We may have to find another venue.......
UPGRADE[:@][:@]
LAST NIGHTS ISSUES WERE NOT THE SCRIPT!!

(" we had no posting ability for DAYS on end , and it lasted for about, what, 6 weeks ")
EXACTLY !!!! ..6 weeks to trouble shoot a script??? not in this world Pete!!!

( by the way powers that be... I know none of this is any of my business..)
( I only use public freely available and legal methods of tracking info ..ok )

but thousands of people are being effected ( unregistered visitors included )

Yer . I know its privately owned Pete..
but I think something else is causing last nights issue ..and guess what , it is not the script guys!!!

Anyone can do a "look up" and track stuff about websites ...
Last night while I was dying ten deaths with error time outs sever reconnect errors ect ect ..

I did a bit of checking because NONE of those issues last night were caused by THE SCRIPT!!
OK I was bored [:-]

Just like I worked out that the subject line rabbit ears are causing 99% of the posting probs...
I like to trouble shoot stuff...
I know that the script , although having a few gremlins in it , DOES not cause those sorts of issues like last night ...

This website is not only privately owned , but it is hosted on a dedicated server , that looks like it is privately owned as well... hmmm ....

Commercially owned good quallity dedicated servers would not have, nor allow these things like last night to ocur ...

We had server related issues last night ... maybe server connection issues .. maybe server maintenance issues .. maybe the server dying issues .. but all of which does not really matter , it was not the script!!! ...

Guys..( that have any knowledge of DNS )
....go do a few checks and I do not mean just one level , have a read , just outta curiosity...

Things are not quite what they seem ..... ????????? hmmmmm

Me tinks me knows why all us nerdy types (bordering on Hackers in some case's ) in here are not being used to help or have a look at this SCRIPT!! ??

remember Admin , before you go ban my **** !!
All of this is just ouutts curiosity ok ... I am not picking on any one !!

dayum you Pete lol.

Quick Reply: Forum server must be dead