Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Forum Member raylee: unbelievably great guy!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Forum Member raylee: unbelievably great guy!

We both been here on CBRF a while. And despite him being Jersey I never got to meet him until I discovered I bought Yolie from the dealership where he works. Met him when I took Yolie in for her first service. Found Ray to be a good guy, decent dude to know. Didn't know how great till recently.

I needed stands for both Yolie and Ororo. Ray saw my post and sent a message he could get me a set of Pitbulls. Dropped by the dealership to buy them but they were out. Ray ordered them and had them shipped to my house. Just picked them up from UPS. Like I said, he's a good guy... But that's not the reason for the post. This is how good a guy he is.

Yall know I lowsided. I turned in a claim and arranged for my insurance to transport Yolie to the dealer for repairs. That was around 1pm today, plenty of time to damn near jog her there before the service dept closed. The guy that came to pick her up was the most unprepared, clueless and inept person on the planet for transporting a motorcycle. He also showed up LATE. He got here at 4pm to transport Yolie 70 miles in traffic and the dealer service dept closes at 5:30. And he showed up by himself with a pickup truck, a standard motorcycle ramp and some straps. @ 6pm I hadn't gotten a call from the service dept who were waiting for Yolie. So I knew he didn't make it. I called the transport dispatch, utterly livid, to find out wtf was my baby and wtf they were doing using a moron like that. I had visions of this nitwit dropping her off in the parking lot, key in the ignition, to sit unprotected overnight. Yeah, I was ready to hurt something anything. At 6:21 I get a call from the moron. He's there and dropping off Yolie with someone and is gonna put the on the phone. I'm ready to start screaming

Voice: "hey Damon. It's Ray"
Me: "Ray??? OH THANK GOD!!!"

Ray apparently recognized Yolie, saw how inept the guy was and stepped in. Ray doesn't even work in the BMW side, nor the service dept. But he took her into the Honda garage, locked her up tight (and may have turned her alarm on for me).

When I heard Ray in the phone, I KNEW everything would be fine. So I just gotta let yall know Ray is one of the best guys you could know from here.

Thank you raylee!

Old 04-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

And he rides an RC51 too!

Nice job Ray. Good karma for you.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

Fantastic story! I think you owe someone a beer

Old 04-09-2012, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
And he rides an RC51 too!

Nice job Ray. Good karma for you.
They say karma's a bitch. Well she's gonna treat Ray right even if i gotta put a gun to her head. I seriously can't describe how much relief I felt the second I heard his voice on the tow truck driver's phone. And how much gratitude I feel towards him. He knew Yolie was coming up there from my other post. But I hadn't contacted him when the transport arrangements went wonky.

He did all this on his own. I owe him a good night's sleep and a day of work. Cause I prolly wouldn't have slept much tonight and would have skipped work tomorrow to get things straight.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's what you do. We've all been there, well, at least I have and I had a weird feeling about the driver. Anyways, I don't believe in karma, just doing what I can for a fellow rider. Thanks for the praise!

Old 04-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and modest too....

Awesome story. Congrats to both of you, Ray for being a stand up guy, and Kuroshio for taking the time to let the forum know.

Its truly nice to read a good thread like this.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
They say karma's a bitch.
sounds quite the opposite - she put a buddy in the right place to help you out and give you some peace on a bad day, and now you you get to encourage everyone else on the forum. i feel all warm and tingly inside just thinking about it.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:31 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

Hey Ray, I like that "Code" - even though I've never thought about it, it is something I always do.

I'm not that clever on mechanical stuff though, maybe I should just always make sure there's a couple of cans of beer in the tank bag so we can sit and have a b1tch about life.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent thread! It's alway nice to hear about the good folks that will go above and beyond out there.

Last edited by wagzhp; 04-10-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:46 PM

Ray sounds like a great guy, keep us posted on your bike's status.

Quick Reply: Forum Member raylee: unbelievably great guy!