Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Football Fans...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 08:54 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Football Fans...

So guys (and gals), are you happy with your draft picks this year? As a niner fan, I was glad to pick up a defensive player. I think they were rated dead last last year in defense. They gave up the most points, anyway. Still only the first round. We'll see how the rest of the draft goes. What about Brady Quinn...he's got to feel horrible.

Old 04-28-2007, 11:12 PM
Default RE: Football Fans...

First tell me who my bengals got....then make me a sig voodoo

Old 04-28-2007, 11:27 PM
Retired Moderator

http://www.bengals.com/

I figured it was easier to post the website than give you the play by play. They did start with a corner, and then took a running back in the second round...did you need a running back? As far as the siggy, I could give it a shot if you want. I can't promise it would be any good. Pm me and we'll see what you'd like to do.

Old 04-28-2007, 11:42 PM

pm sent

Old 04-29-2007, 04:11 AM

I had to be at work at 3EST, so I didn't see anything after that African guy, Okoye or whatever. My teams are the Titans and the Panthers so I haven't even had a chance to see who they picked up yet.

I can't wait much longer for football season. The little bit of the draft that I got to watch was kinda like a lapdance.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:41 AM

you hear about the talks of darrell jackson going to the 9ers voodoo? Seahawks are thinking about trading him for 1 fourth round pick. That will be huge for them if they can pull that one through. With as much free agent trading as they have done this off season the draft has kind of been an after thought, but it was good to see them get some young blood in the O-line.

Old 04-29-2007, 12:55 PM

it doesn't matter who we (the bengals) get. Here in Cincinnati we have a tradition of getting failures as draft picks. With players such as Akili Smith, Kijana Carter, Rick Hunley, David Klinger, and Jack Thompson they have a history of failures, mainly due to injuries. David Pollack was a great prospect linebacker until he broke his neck in his 2nd game. Odell Thurman was a good prospect until he got arrested a ridiculous amount of times and got banned for a year in the NFL. The bengals have drafted 7 linebackers in i think 4 years. I was glad to see they drafted Leon Hall (even though he's from Michigan, go Buckeyes), lets just hope he stays healthy.

Did anyone else hear the Pats got randy moss from the raiders for a 4th round draft pick?

Old 04-29-2007, 12:58 PM

Not much in this world more boring that watching the NFL draft......except maybe golf.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Brandon77

Not much in this world more boring that watching the NFL draft......except maybe golf.
Whoa Whoa Whoa!! There's nothing better to do on a sunday after a night of partying than to lay on the couch in your underwear and watch golf!! Unless of course it's football season... in which case I lay on the couch in my underwear and watch football.

Who finally got Brady Quinn, and what # did he go?

Old 04-29-2007, 01:26 PM
Retired Moderator

Quinn went 22nd to the Browns. He thought he would go to the Browns as the 3rd pick, but they took a left tackle instead. The next spot he was supposed to go at was 9th to the Dolphins, but they took Ted Ginn Jr (WR). All the rest of the teams after that, had recently aquired a quarterback, or had an established quarterback already. I felt bad for him.

Oh yeah, Moss is on his was to the Pats for a fourth round pick!?!? What a steal!

Quick Reply: Football Fans...