Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Flyfishers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flyfishers?

Is anyone here a flyfisherperson? Ever tried it?

Old 04-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Retired Moderator
Default RE: Flyfishers?

I've always wanted to learn to fly fish. It looks like a real art form. We have three rivers in my area: The Rogue , The Illinois, and The Applegate. About an hour to the west is The Smith river...I really have no excuses for not learning!

Old 04-05-2007, 02:33 PM

Its a good time, really. you get to learn how to tie knots, untie knots, climb trees to untangle your line, get mad, tie new line on, tie flies on, and if you get lucky during this time, unhook fish. its really fun, I mean it!

Old 04-05-2007, 03:14 PM
VP

ORIGINAL: DVSGVS

Its a good time, really. you get to learn how to tie knots, untie knots, climb trees to untangle your line, get mad, tie new line on, tie flies on, and if you get lucky during this time, unhook fish. its really fun, I mean it!
+1 flyfishing is badass... when the weathers right, in the right stream you can just relax and enjoy the water rushing on your shins... you just make yourself happy for no apparent reason then you realize that its almost perfect out there. You never have anything but peaceful thoughts enter your mind, but the worst part about it is that the sun always goes down faster than when you were at work the day before.

Old 04-05-2007, 03:30 PM

Its been a couple of years. But I love it!!!!! I still remember trying to learn how to cast in my work parking lot at lunch. Then going out to a pond and snapping off my most fav fly on the first cast.[:@]Got alot better fast. Its so relaxing being out in the river early in the morning or being out in the middle of the lake in my float tube (kind of erie too. Something might eat me HAHA). If you have not tried it yet its a must!