Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

FLUSH-MOUNTED Rizoma's (VIDEO & PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 05:19 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FLUSH-MOUNTED Rizoma's (VIDEO & PICS)

Custom FLUSH-MOUNTED Rizoma Zero Signals:

A couple weeks ago, I let you guys know I was working on prototype flush-mounted Rizoma signal design. Well, after much tinkering around, and mating parts, I now have successfully accomplished this feat, and mounted all 4 of my Rizoma Zero signals as flush as they can get. I did this while also re-fabricating my new "Raccoon Tail" FE kit to replace the one that was ruined in the crash. The new RT FE kit is slimmer, and lower profile (but requires trimming of the heat shield, which is really no big deal)..........

So anyway, without further ado, here's the flushie Rizoma's. (first 2 pictures suck.......and the bike was disgustingly dirty in both.......sorry)

And as promised, a video showing Rizoma's at night........

VIDEO: http://youtube.com/watch?v=_fz0tPmZ8gU

Name:  rizomaflush002.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  110.3 KB

Name:  rizomaflush001.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  89.5 KB

Name:  rizomaflush010.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  117.1 KB

Name:  rizomaflush003.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  72.4 KB

Name:  rizomaflush004.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  85.2 KB

Name:  rizomaflush005.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  72.0 KB

Name:  rizomaflush008.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  86.0 KB

Name:  rizomaflush007.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  68.5 KB

Name:  rizomaflush006.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  76.4 KB

Name:  rizomaflush009.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  113.7 KB

Old 12-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FLUSH-MOUNTED Rizoma's (PICS)

They look great!! I'd actually leave the fronts mounted on their stalks, that way they would look distinct from the rear signals.

But either way, you have one of the nicest bikes out there.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:27 AM
Retired Moderator

Yeah, the only problem with putting them "back" onto their stalks is that I kind of ruined any chance of me doing that with the way I had to modify them. But I prefer them to be flush-mounted anyway. I bought the Rizoma's a while back because they were significantly cheaper than the Watsens (which I wanted in the first place)........but now, the Watsen's don't have s**t on flushie Rizoma's.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:46 AM

looks sweet. How much are those Rizoma's? And what did ya do to make em flushies?

Old 12-16-2007, 08:56 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow.. those look GREAT!![sm=smiley20.gif] I never even knew of these signals. I've been debating between the Watsen Design and the Proton flushies, but now after seeing these I think I'll have to add Rizomas to my possibility list too. Where'd you pick them up from??

Any pics with them on? Do they have the running lights too or just the signals?

Old 12-16-2007, 09:34 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

.......its about time!!!! hahaha, nah they look great Fox. cant wait to order some. you need to do a write up so when i take them to have them installed i can print out your directions on making them flushmount , and give it to the shop. im no electrician so i wont be tackling it.

could you take some pics at night? i'd like to see how visible they are being right up against the fairing. safety is what has kept me away from actual flush mounts. but i know these are much brighter and flash from all angles.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:39 AM
Retired Moderator

They go for $37.00 each. That is still considerably cheaper than Watsen's. They come in either silver or black (I have the black ones). You can order them from pjsparts.com. Tell them Josh Flure recommended them if you don't mind.

And yes, the front signals are running lights as well. I wired in the Watsen Running Light Modulators into these signals, and they have full stock functionality. They are much brighter than stock signals too. I'll have some night time pictures later tonight, and some better pictures showing off my bike with her new bling.

I made them flushies by removing the stalk and replacing that with hollow threaded tube that I cut to a length of 1/2 inch. This allows them to be flushies. I'll go into greater detail about it when I do the write up of the new, sleeker FE kit I created two days ago to replace my damaged one from the crash.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:48 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: jaynd

could you take some pics at night? i'd like to see how visible they are being right up against the fairing. safety is what has kept me away from actual flush mounts. but i know these are much brighter and flash from all angles.
Originally, they only stuck out about 1 1/4 inch. So pulling them in and flush-mounting them really didn't change their function all too much. If anything, it's more noticeable from the side because the light now reflects off the fairing too.

I'll get you guys some night pictures AND I'll even throw in a video clip for good measure. I'll really put them to the test and throw on both low and high beam HID's against just the running light to show you guys how bright these signals really are.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sweeeeeeeet! i need to order some!

Old 12-16-2007, 10:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks Great!![sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: FLUSH-MOUNTED Rizoma's (VIDEO & PICS)