Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Flat tires suck...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flat tires suck...

Saturday night, I'm stuck at home with a nail in my back tire. Thanks for stopping by and listening.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:49 PM

Somebody poked a hole in my tire at school, I drove halfway home before I noticed and the bike started to wobble, it sucked.... So I ordered a new tire and it still didnt come in yet...Im glad I bought a new bike also!

Old 05-09-2009, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by MelloYellow
Saturday night, I'm stuck at home with a nail in my back tire. Thanks for stopping by and listening.
Happened to me a couple of years ago, was so pi**ed 'cause we had a ride planned Saturday night and Sunday, and no where to get a new tire or get it changed even if I had one. So I bought a manual tire machine, balancer, and an extra front and rear tire. Haven't had another flat, but I'm ready!

Old 05-09-2009, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by randyjoy
Happened to me a couple of years ago, was so pi**ed 'cause we had a ride planned Saturday night and Sunday, and no where to get a new tire or get it changed even if I had one. So I bought a manual tire machine, balancer, and an extra front and rear tire. Haven't had another flat, but I'm ready!
That's a good idea! I'm in the same boat, I cant even get a new tire untill Monday. But I have to work from 8am to 8 pm, all week . So I may not get to ride untill Saturday. Bummer.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by TikkiTakki
Somebody poked a hole in my tire at school, I drove halfway home before I noticed and the bike started to wobble, it sucked.... So I ordered a new tire and it still didnt come in yet...Im glad I bought a new bike also!
this makes me scared. im going to be riding to school for finals this week and next semester. i dunno what i would do if someone did that! im a new rider and i would need to drive it home like that!

Old 05-10-2009, 01:22 AM
July 2008 ROTM

Plug it and ride.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:31 PM

Happening to me two weeks after I bought a brand new tire.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:31 AM

anyone know how and what to use to plug it up? and where do you guys go for new tires? any suggestions of shops?

Old 05-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

plug that betch n ride on!!!!!

Old 05-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Were you able to get it plugged? No legitimate shops will plug motorcycle tires where I live. They claim its a liability issue for them. I can understand that viewpoint but when the customer is willing to sign a waiver & they still won't...argh. I wasn't about to trash a brand new PP2CT. So, I found a guy that has a licensed shop in his garage. He accepted the job, did a really nice plug, & I've been riding on it ever since.

Amazingly & ironically, these same shops that declined the plug work, also sold plug kits in their shops. :\

Anyway, hope you're up & runnin'.

Quick Reply: Flat tires suck...