Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

FLA bike week

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLA bike week

Did anyone go????Any one have any pics??????

Also, I know its not for a few months but Bike week in NH is June 13-21. I live in Concord NH about 30mn from Laconia(Weirs Beach NH) and anyone is welcome to join us to go up for a few days or just the weekend or day for that matter....just let me know. We have a bunch of riders meeting at my house on the 13th. We live close enough where we will be making several trips there though out the week. Or let me know if you plan on going maybe we could all meet

Old 03-09-2009, 02:30 PM

I went and it was awsome.... Much better than last year. I have some great pics. See my pics

Attached Thumbnails FLA  bike week-florida-044.jpg  
Old 03-09-2009, 02:47 PM

I went to your album and saw the 2009 bike week link but had no pics????

Old 03-10-2009, 12:53 AM

I went this weekend, it was fun, but the trip could have turned out a lot better for the following reasons. basically a full itinerary of the day.

1.) we were supposed to leave here at noon, check in to the hotel then get to ride around in such. but we didn't get out of town till 7:30 at night because my friend decided to rebuild his forks the night before and figured out he didn't know what he was doing/did not have the right tools. while my other friend painted his bike.

2.) we didn't get to check in to the hotel till late and had to check out early because we decide not to book it for a second night.

3.) Daytona is a giant cluster F*#% during bike week and we spent alot of saturday sitting in traffic.

4.) we went to a place were a ride was supposed to be meeting up, but not many people showed and it took to long to get started so we left.

5.) we went to run-what-ya-brung, a semi-informal drag race, where you could race anything that had a motor with basically no gear (helmet, gloves, and long pants and sleeves). but it cost more then we thought so my friends wanted to leave after we already paid to get in.

6.) sat around and listened to my friends arguing with the people trying to get our money back, (extremely annoying)

7.) had to do an impromptu brake job out side auto-zone on my friends bike because her lines had air/bad fluid in them and her forks leaked oil on the rotors. (completely different bike then the one that had the forks rebuilt)

8.) dealt with more cluster F#*% to and from the hotel where the truck was parked.

9.) waited an hour too meet some friends at the Hess station on international Dr. (where all the sport bikes hang out) to go check out some stunt spots to see if people were riding.

10.) drove all over the place and no one was at the any of the spots we went to.

11.) left Daytona around 2 am and didn't get home till 4:30 am which was now 5:30 cause of the time change.

Sorry had to rant, it wasn't all bad, and it is fun to experience the crazyness motorcycledom in such a large scale.

I will probably will go back next year, but will only do a day trip (what this basically turned into) or make better arrangements, which includes making sure all bikes are in working order and no one decides to take them apart the night before we are supposed to leave.