Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

First time down :-( i pray the last

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time down :-( i pray the last

Me my uncle and one of his buddies (big dude named bubba) lol were riding down near new phily in ohio. The turns started getting sharper but nothing crazy. Ive rode the dragon a few times and they were not even close to that. Anyways I was riding along got deep into a right turn, (full lean) then I see some gravel no **** all the way across the road. I tried to stay in the tire tracks from the cars but hit a few pieces and they caused me to slide into the oncoming lane. Now it sux because I didnt fall, got it upright and went to get back into my lane(still in the turn) and here comes a car around the dam corner. I couldnt get into my lane in time so it was hit the car or hit the guard rail. Cant say I really wanted either but the guard rail seemed a little less painful. So I BARELY missed the car and my front tire went into the ditch hit the guard rail and shot me off the back over the bike. I honestly dont remember what happened after that lol. Next thing I know I hit my head (helmet on) and then I opened my eyes and saw my baby on the other side of the road in the ditch. :-( worst feeling in my life. Went over and picked it up thinking it was toast. Got it to the side of the road and let it chill for a min. (since it was probably flooded.) Then I looked at the damage! The list goes: left and right fairing need sanded and patched and painted, rear fairing was cracked almost in half with 2 other cracks,two bros exhaust cracked, front fairing cracked, bent rear brake lever, right mirror, ram air inlets, and last the tank needs sanded and painted. The good thing is that im really happy with ithe gear I was wearing(full leathers and boots.). The only injury was the handle bar caught my knee on the way off the bike and its a little sore, and a cut on my back were the pants and the jacket seperated. I hit the rail going between 35 and 40 so I thank god that I flew onto the road and not over the cliff. So for all you guys not wearing gear you should becuase it saved my ***.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: First time down :-( i pray the last

sux about the get off, good ya had all your gear on, your jacket not zip to your pants?? they need too.

Glad ya ok n ya bike is fixable.

I try to always do a scout run thru if I am gonna be pushing it. But I know that isnt always possible.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:41 PM

Good to hear you're okay and good too that there wasn't more severe damage to the bike. Gear is certainly worth the investment.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:51 PM

I am also glad to hear that it didn't slam your body into the guard rail. All-in-all, sound like you got pretty lucky. Glad to hear your ok!

Old 07-05-2008, 10:06 PM

+1 for wearing your gear bro. good job and good decision making on the fly!!!

Old 07-06-2008, 09:49 AM

lol ya i dont know how i had time to even make it but glad it was there. now i just need new fairings!!! 99 f4 red/black ne one???? lol

Old 07-06-2008, 10:32 AM

glad your ok, those guard rails can be scary thinking about going down into them...

time for a custom paint job maybe?

Old 07-06-2008, 09:02 PM

ya idk wut yet.....a few ideas but who knows. hey they make bondo or a filler for plastic right?

Old 07-06-2008, 09:10 PM

good to hear your ok and that all your injuries to your self and your bike are not to bad.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jessej05

ya idk wut yet.....a few ideas but who knows. hey they make bondo or a filler for plastic right?
epoxy and they have plastic weld too.

Quick Reply: First time down :-( i pray the last