Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

First ticket

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 03:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First ticket

Boy, this sure sucks. I just got home after receiving my first ticket. So I was out dropping some bills off at the post office and filled the bike up with gas. I'm out on a 4 lane highway (2 lanes per side) and I go way out, then make a legal U-turn at a designated turn lane. I'm doing the speed limit, or close enough to it of 55 mph so I make the U-turn and notice that the car behind me does too. When I get going the other way I look over and notice it's a cop. No big deal. I wasn't speeding or anything. So he's following me for about a mile then passes. He goes way up to a light about 4 miles away and makes a U-turn there. I go through the light and notice there's another car about 100 yards behind me. Nobody else on the road at all since it's like 11:30 ish or so. Since there's no intersections or anything like that I down shifted a few and brought it up to 100 then backed off down to 55 again. This is, by the way, the most speeding I've ever done on it, I'm usually right at the limit or maybe 5 over and on backroads, I'm always right at the limit. So anyway, back to where I was. I look in the mirror and there's a car right there! I thought "who is this joker and what are they trying to do?" So then the lights come on and that answered my question. Maybe this is standard practice, I don't know, but he pulled along side of me as I'm already pulling over and stopping with my signal on and all, but he kept coming closer and closer and closer while I'm still slowing down. I was about a foot away from the grass then he parks at an angle so I can't make a run for it. Like I would, Ok I got busted for speeding, it's not like I'm going to tear *** away and make a run for it and wreck trying, but I guess he doesn't know that. I was a little uncomfortable when he did that...I thought I was going to go off the road and tumble down the hill or something. I'm respectful, a little older than some, maybe wiser too so I knew what he wanted me to do before he had to say it. I shut off the bike right away and was working on taking my lid off and he said take it off while I was already working on it. So he pulls back behind me. He walks up and I guess he was expecting a high school kid or something. But anyway he takes my info and comes back and says it's my lucky day. So that's pretty cool. I was hoping for a warning. He cut me a break at least. He paced me at 90 which I guess was his best guess since he was in a new impala and he got left behind pretty quick lol but he wrote a ticket for 75 in a 55. The other would've been wreckless endangerment and would've been fairly pricey I'm sure...not to mention big points. So all in all, I have nothing against this officer or any others, they're just doing they're job, but I think I may have gotten baited by the two working together when the other made that U-turn and went the other way, they might have suspected me to get on it a little, I don't know. I'm ok with getting the ticket and paying for it, but what I can't get over is the way I was forced to pull over which I already did.

Old 03-29-2006, 05:52 AM
Default RE: First ticket

Dude! that really sux! I got pulled over for accellerating out from town, I hit 70 I guess from what the cop said still in a 40, even though it was a 55 for sure. anyway, it was total crap, and I got out of it. You could too!

Old 03-29-2006, 09:39 AM

Dude,
That sucks a*s. Glad he cut you a break though.

Old 03-29-2006, 09:59 AM

Yeah that sucks. And I have never heard of them pulling someone over like that, but he was probably just trying to make sure you would pull over I guess. How much is it going to cost you?

-Jesse-

Old 03-29-2006, 11:15 AM

That Blows...[:@]

Old 03-29-2006, 01:10 PM

Yeah, it ruined my day. What gets me the most is that I'm always a cautious rider/driver and obey the laws and on a rare occasion I get on it with zero traffic and I get busted. It wasn't like I was cruising at 90-100 just got it up there then right back down within like 10 seconds or less. Oh well, I broke the law and got nailed for it.
I believe the ticket will run $105 plus $30 for court costs.
Another thing is that it's mandatory that I show up for court on the specified date.

Old 03-29-2006, 10:04 PM

Just in case you haven't read it, you may want to check out CBR76's court post in CBR600RR forum. https://cbrforum.com/m_78740/tm.htm

Old 03-30-2006, 12:38 AM

Don't plead guilty! Fight it worst case senario you lose or plead guilty your insurance goes up, your out the cost of the ticket, two more in 18 months you lose your license, and points. Best case you miss a couple days (3 at the most) of work and you get off.

Old 03-30-2006, 03:00 AM

that sucks, shoulda asked for 69 mph in a 55.....1-14 over is 2 points here in nj, and 15 -25 or 39 is 4 points, nething after that is reckless driving i think. 99% of the time, you can get a 2 point ticket dropped to a 0 point ticket, but just pay a hefty fine. But your ticket is a 4 point ticket, plead not guilty, talk to the prosecutor and it'll be dropped to 2 point ticket. Don't just pay the ticket, thats like one of the dumbest thing you can do if its local. I had to pay a ticket without going to court because i live in central jersey, and got a ticket coming out of the border of canada, no way am i gonna go down there to fight the ticket. That should bring your ticket down even more.

Old 03-30-2006, 10:29 AM

Damn dude, sorry to hear that. Best of luck.

Quick Reply: First ticket