Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

First remembrance ride

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 02:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default First remembrance ride

Today we had a mando safety brief due to the deaths of 2 airmen here at barksdale. It was a good time and they split us into groups of 10-15 bikes and left in 5 min intervals so we wouldnt hold traffic up. Some advice a cop gave us advice. Most was good such as cover your front brake when riding, keep space, dont brake in a turn but then he said "Loud pipes save lives, the louder the better" I was like OMG for real? haha Other than that though it was fun for my first big group ride. A little bit on the slow side for the group of sportbikes i was with but cant go to fast in uniform. I also had no idea there were so many bikes in the area so i got a few new friends to ride with.

There was a guy honda magna guy in our group who was a clown. He had to rev his bike at every stop and was always next to someone even though we'd signle for single file. Then he would try communicating with the oddest hand signs anyone had ever seen. lol

Now it gets odd(this guy had nothing better i guess) A few days ago i got a what i though was a flyer for the ride. I threw it in my bag and forgot about it. Well this morning a sgt came up and was like good you came. I was like uhh yeah its mando of course. Then he rode away. I look around and was like well that was odd. After the ride he came up and pulled me to the side. Here is the convo
Me:hi
HimDid you get the note?
Me: Uhh what note?
Him: I left it on your bike?
Me: Oh the flyer, yeah i didnt see a note though.
Him: Yeah there was one on their. It was about your speeding and weaving a few days ago.
Me: Umm when(as i pull crumpled flyer out of my bag)
Him: 2-3 days ago.
Me: oh yeah on barksdale blvd. Yeah my friend was in a truck next to me who rides and wanted me to get on it a bit so i did and then got infront of Her. Showing off a bit i guess.
Him:Yeah well there are eyes everywhere and thats reckless.
Me:umm im sorry?
Him: I also saw you speeding on base and you cut me off.
Me: Oh that was you in the brown car? yeah sorry abou
Him: No i was in a blue one and you passed me doing about 35-40 on base.
Me:HAHA no way i would be doing that speed on base. Ive never done over 30 on base.
Him: Well you were cause i was doing 35 and you passed me.
Me:well it may have been one of the other 3 phoenix bikes on base.
Him: No it was you.
Me: Okay then. Hey was it you that sent me the email too?
Him: Yeah
Me: it was blank. What did it have on it?
Him: I sent it blank.
Me:Okay thats odd, Well im gonna go back to work. Have a good one. (as im walking away he is following me not saying anything. So i turn around and say have a good one man.
Him: just looking at me says yeah as he nods. haha

Weird or what? Im suprised he drove around the entire base which is huge (google earth barksdale AFB) to find My bike and get out of his car when my bike was covered. I read the note and for wanting to be professinal his wording was pretty bad. Just minor errors that make it sound like a wrote it. Sorry for the long read. Here is a pic of the bikes.

Sorry there arent any ride photos. Maybe the base will post some up and ill share.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pretty much refuse to go on any more safety rides or unit rides. I had the lamest time and got sleepy on my bike. Never had that happened prior to that ride. Looks like yall had a good turn out. Be safe my friend....

Old 07-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by txsmainevent
I pretty much refuse to go on any more safety rides or unit rides. I had the lamest time and got sleepy on my bike. Never had that happened prior to that ride. Looks like yall had a good turn out. Be safe my friend....
Yeah i caught myself yawning a few times in my helmet and thats only happened when i take my trip to Austin and am sitting on my bike for like 5 hours.

Next time im just gonna "forget" there was a mando event. lol

Old 07-30-2011, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
Today we had a mando safety brief due to the deaths of 2 airmen here at barksdale. It was a good time and they split us into groups of 10-15 bikes and left in 5 min intervals so we wouldnt hold traffic up. Some advice a cop gave us advice. Most was good such as cover your front brake when riding, keep space, dont brake in a turn but then he said "Loud pipes save lives, the louder the better" I was like OMG for real? haha Other than that though it was fun for my first big group ride. A little bit on the slow side for the group of sportbikes i was with but cant go to fast in uniform. I also had no idea there were so many bikes in the area so i got a few new friends to ride with.

There was a guy honda magna guy in our group who was a clown. He had to rev his bike at every stop and was always next to someone even though we'd signle for single file. Then he would try communicating with the oddest hand signs anyone had ever seen. lol

Now it gets odd(this guy had nothing better i guess) A few days ago i got a what i though was a flyer for the ride. I threw it in my bag and forgot about it. Well this morning a sgt came up and was like good you came. I was like uhh yeah its mando of course. Then he rode away. I look around and was like well that was odd. After the ride he came up and pulled me to the side. Here is the convo
Me:hi
HimDid you get the note?
Me: Uhh what note?
Him: I left it on your bike?
Me: Oh the flyer, yeah i didnt see a note though.
Him: Yeah there was one on their. It was about your speeding and weaving a few days ago.
Me: Umm when(as i pull crumpled flyer out of my bag)
Him: 2-3 days ago.
Me: oh yeah on barksdale blvd. Yeah my friend was in a truck next to me who rides and wanted me to get on it a bit so i did and then got infront of Her. Showing off a bit i guess.
Him:Yeah well there are eyes everywhere and thats reckless.
Me:umm im sorry?
Him: I also saw you speeding on base and you cut me off.
Me: Oh that was you in the brown car? yeah sorry abou
Him: No i was in a blue one and you passed me doing about 35-40 on base.
Me:HAHA no way i would be doing that speed on base. Ive never done over 30 on base.
Him: Well you were cause i was doing 35 and you passed me.
Me:well it may have been one of the other 3 phoenix bikes on base.
Him: No it was you.
Me: Okay then. Hey was it you that sent me the email too?
Him: Yeah
Me: it was blank. What did it have on it?
Him: I sent it blank.
Me:Okay thats odd, Well im gonna go back to work. Have a good one. (as im walking away he is following me not saying anything. So i turn around and say have a good one man.
Him: just looking at me says yeah as he nods. haha

Weird or what? Im suprised he drove around the entire base which is huge (google earth barksdale AFB) to find My bike and get out of his car when my bike was covered. I read the note and for wanting to be professinal his wording was pretty bad. Just minor errors that make it sound like a wrote it. Sorry for the long read. Here is a pic of the bikes.

Sorry there arent any ride photos. Maybe the base will post some up and ill share.
was he hoping you would beg saying, "I'll do anything"? wtf

Old 07-30-2011, 10:43 AM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

Umm lol wtf??

I got a blank email.. whatd it have... I sent it blank...

lol so random and yes, very odd...

Old 07-31-2011, 07:58 PM

Yeah thats a little Weird.. Some people think they know everything... And you just have to let them be..

Looks like you guys had a good turn out tho!