Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

First crash

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 08:54 PM
R.I.P. Jason
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First crash

It finally happened today. We were running out to the Grand Bear golf course down here in MS that has 6 miles of twisties leading to it. On the way out I came into a corner, hit a little bit of sand and tried to straighten up to brake. Didn't brake fast enough, hit the shoulder and low sided into the dirt. Lucky for me I had slowed enough that my bike only flipped from the left side to the right and didn't roll over again. I think it was probably the handle bar that hit my arm (thus the bruise). Definitely could have been worse for me and the bike. It happens in a blink after what seems like a eternity when you know you are going to crash. Lots of scratches, found one small crack by a fairing bolt and a stress mark by the widscreen. Only break was in the lower fairings at the point they meet right behind the front tire. Filled the frame slider with dirt and lots of sand in places. The tip over killed the engine. What I take from this is how lucky I was since I don't have leather pants yet and shouldn't be hitting it so hard without all the right gear (frickin newbs again). At least I wasn't in a t-shirt and shorts...
Name:  46485db8.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  137.8 KBName:  c5fbd986.jpg
Size:  26.3 KBName:  70d98ee5.jpg
Size:  26.4 KBName:  79e39eea.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  33.7 KB

Old 04-09-2012, 09:06 PM

glad you came out ok! all in all wasnt a bad ride today though.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:07 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow...it could have been worst. Glad your ok

Old 04-09-2012, 09:10 PM

Glad your okay bro! I had my first about 3 months ago. I know what you mean that it seems like eternity. Like you said, it could have been alot worse. Your bike seems okay too. Just wear your PPE man, cause you never know where or when its gonna happen.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:10 PM

Glad your alright bro! I keep praying it won't happen to me....But I know the odds.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:30 PM
R.I.P. Jason

Thanks guys, I know I am so lucky and yes the odds will get you although we can try to help limit the chances by paying attention and riding within your limits but yes it was a beautiful day and a fun ride even with the others bike troubles- lol

Old 04-09-2012, 10:34 PM

lol did he ever make it home? after that last little sputter he had i just headed home

Old 04-09-2012, 11:18 PM
R.I.P. Jason

Ya he made it, the bike kept cuttin off. Took them like 40 minutes to make it to Cedar Lake once they got off 49. They shoulda just cruised the side streets not push it so hard on the highway

Old 04-10-2012, 12:13 AM
August 2011 ROTM

i'm glad you didnt brak any bones!!!

Old 04-10-2012, 06:53 AM
R.I.P. Jason

Originally Posted by yumoncbr
i'm glad you didnt brak any bones!!!
Yes I am extremely lucky. I just saw your thread from your accident! I missed that. Sorry to hear but glad to see your healing! You are right in that experience can't help you when the truck bumper is bearing down on you. I had a friend years ago in Alaska that had a Gixxer1000 and he was a full gear guy and never had an accident. He was riding his mountain (pedal) bicycle when he went to hop up over the curb his wheel fell off. He was not wearing a bicycle helmet and his head hit the curb. He was in a coma for months and did not survive. I only say this because you never know how accidents can happen. There have been stories in the news a lot lately with motorcyclists getting killed hit by cars (and my wife send them to me everytime) I'm glad when any of us live to ride again. I did it to myself here but it's tough to see how unaware the cagers are! Hang in there glad you are in good spirits!

Quick Reply: First crash