Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Finding my 1st motorcycle jacket (help please)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When the zipper on my Dainese started acting up, CycleGear offered to take it back or pay for a local shop to replace the zipper. CycleGear is a great place to buy if you have that option with the jacket you want. The main zipper on my Dianese came with fine teeth, appropriate for womens underwear or something (and the pull was on the gay euro side.). Now it has a massive lugged zipper, and the pull is on the he-man, 'make me a sandwich!', american side.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:22 AM

my jacket is a textile JOKE Rocket with the Honda patches. It does the job, but I def have complaints.
1. The zipper stopped working as I was riding one day, and started flapping in the wind. The company sent me two new zipper pulls so that I could replace the one that wasn't right. I'm glad I kept the extra one because it didn't take long for the same thing to happen with the correct zipper pull. Next time this happens I'll be going with another brand.
2. The rubber tabs to tighten up the elbows are weak. Both of mine have torn off from normal use. Not trying to overtighten the sleeves. The company already sent me a new jacket once because of this, and now I just am tired of the product.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:43 PM

Another vote for Dainese.

Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier, Cycle Gear JUST had a sale. Ended Tuesday. Dainese Laguna Seca jackets (not the 2-piece suit, just the standalone jacket) that's regularly $449 for $379. They have a design that's black leather with red logos. Would look better than an all-red jacket, IMO, and still match your bike well.

I tried on several, and HAD to have the Dainese. The fit is so much more comfortable. I'm loving it so far, especially at the price I got it at. You might try calling the manager of your local CG and asking if there's any way they could do the sale price.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:59 PM

damn you lucky bastard.

I want a dainese so bad cuz i hear the fit is like a second skin

Old 06-13-2009, 04:36 AM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

Well, any good leather jacket will fit like a second skin at first, and loosen up a bit as you wear it; but it should get even softer and more supple with wear and feel really, really good.