Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

finding inner peace ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: finding inner peace ?

ORIGINAL: Timmy_Jones

Long bike ride to the gym, loud MP3 player, and some heavy weights. Lift until you puke and then ride home.
Works for me, in fact I start every single weekday off with weights and cardio. It's the secret to a lot good things.

Old 11-10-2008, 03:04 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

To over simplified Jules...
All very well to say not to do that but ?? ....
Everyone that truly cares has to take the risk ...

When we truly care ... we have to put our happiness and well being in the hands of another ..
Other wise you do not really care that much...

To believe their is some middle ground where you can just relax and be calm in havocs situation , is a myth if he truly cares that much...

Hardening up to spare yourself this, which is the other option , I feel does cause the person to loose faith in people and in the end, causes more harm to them than taking the risk of full commitment along with all its pain and suffering...

Steve, I see what you are saying but feel I need to clarify what I meant here ..I mean relying on your happiness soley from another person, I mean that you have to be happy in yourself first and at peace with yourself before you give to another ... if you are miserable and looking to find your happiness from another well its kinda not the way to be, that said if you are happy and meet someone its fine to put your trust in them and have them as a great part of your happiness .. once you fall in love with someone then yes, they are a very great part of your life ..you almost live for each other and do anything (within reason) for that person ..we do have to take the risk and give our hearts ..life is a risk :-) but what I am saying is that living miserably and thinking you will only be happy when you meet someone is not good ..maybe this is all coming out wrong ..I know what I mean but ..hell its a foggy day for me today ..lol

Jules

Old 11-10-2008, 03:35 AM

Jules ...
I do understand what you mean...
but..
If we tried to live by what you suggest...
This would mean that a committed loving couple that breaks up ,or get separated are not going to be totally miserable, in shock , lost or in any pain?.....
and that we should somehow hold onto our own happiness when our joint happiness has been taken away..??

I am sorry missy , but that I think is not very realistic..
I know of know one that can do that without going through all of the pain and suffering first...and I include myself from experience in this as well....

Steve, when I broke up with my fianceee I was devastated ..it took me a year to even want to get up again in the mornings. I think you are missing my point ..I have a general happiness in me that is not reliant on others if you see what I mean, when I met him I was even happier and he was my whole life ..when we broke up it broke me too, and I took a long time to get over it ..I find myself alone again now but my own inner happiness is restored .. I am just trying to say that being miserable just becasue you dont have a partner is not a good thing .. we have to be happy in ourselves and our own person before we give to another then we can be truly happy.

Jules

Old 11-10-2008, 03:58 AM

Yes Jules ..exactly..... you could not get out of bed for near 12 mths?

and without getting to far away from Havocs problem at this moment .... he has no simple answer or solution except to suffer the pain till he resolves the problem .....
Steve, I think you are missing my point here ..I am not saying it shouldnt hurt after a breakup or that we shouldnt miss someone we love .. but to have our whole well being based soley on another cant be good, can it?? .. you know my beliefs have always been that men and women are meant to be together and live in harmony in a solid trust worthy and loving relationship and if that goes sour its gonna hurt, really hurt!! ..you are preaching to the choir there ..it hurt me terribly, and I didnt want to get up for a year but obviously I had to ... what I am saying is there are a lot of single people out there who should find some peace and happiness in themselves first before they commit to another .. dont be thinking I cant be happy until I find someone because yes, yes you can be happy on your own doing your own thing and then if someone (the right one) comes into your life it can be wonderful :-)

Jules

Old 11-10-2008, 04:03 AM

Ow well ...then I am missing the point ....sorry Jules..

I submit ..
Well maybe I am missing the point sweetheart ..I just dont know what you are trying to say here but I am very blonde ..lol

I submit too :-)

Jules

Old 11-10-2008, 04:12 AM

Jules ..you cant say that after fairly trouncing me in a post reply battle of issues of the heart..

I would never trounce you or want to ..you are one of the ones I love a lively debate with on here ..you make a lot of sense and have good life experience behind you ..you bring a whole lot to the table :-)

Jules

Quick Reply: finding inner peace ?