Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Financing Though Honda

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 12:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Financing Though Honda

well there had to be some factors that got u declined if everything is as good as u say u shouldnt of got declined, and honda will only make u have liability if u go through them??. that doesnt seem like a good idea on hondas part, id leave honda out altogether also. prolly be cheaper on u if u get the loan form a bank then get full coverage as appose to hondas interest and what not, with ur credit score u can get good interest rate from a bank and also ull have full coverage which is a really good idea.

Old 08-19-2006, 12:34 AM

we'll see. i know the honda dealer's owner, so. iono.

Old 08-19-2006, 12:40 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ahh pretty soon with AB you wont need Financing haha

Old 08-19-2006, 12:54 AM

u know the dealer and he couldnt pull a few strings to get ya approved??? hmm

Old 08-19-2006, 01:08 AM

I am going back tomorro. He was out early to a concert. lol. So one more try, and Im give him a good talk.

Old 08-19-2006, 01:26 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

goto your bank and get a personal loan or a open LOC (line of credit) that way the ban wont require you to have insurance @ all because you could be using the money for anything.. now if you were to walk in a get a loan for a motorcycle they would require insurance. and a motorcycle is considered a "toy" or rec use vehicle thats why its harder to get approved for a motorcycle then it is for a car or even a house .

Old 08-19-2006, 01:57 PM

If you get what Havoc said a line of open credit your intrest will be a lot higher too. I work at a credit union and currently for a new motorcycle the rate is 6.79 and LOC is 16. I was lucky enough to get 6.49 for my bike. =D My credit sucks it was like 620 and I was supposed to get +3% and the CU would only finance 80% good thing I'm tight with my boss. =) I got my dad to cosign and I got 100% financed and a 6.49rate.

I was going to do the Honda card financing because they had a killer promotion! $29, $49, $69, $99, $169, $199 for two years. My 06 F4i would have cost me only $69 a month for two years if it was under $8000. The dealers all said they would give me the bike for $7999 and I would just have to come up with the taxes and fees. Well my dad and I worked it out and $69 a month would just cover the intrest for the two years and after 24months I would still owe $8000 on the damned bike and then the intrest would jump up to 16% or so. Beware of these 'SPECIAL FINANCING PROMOTIONS!'

Mike

Old 08-19-2006, 02:52 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

some people just dont have the credit to get financed for a bike or they dont have a co signer so yea u might have a higher intrest rae but its just another option when your running out of ideas.

Old 08-19-2006, 05:23 PM

If your credit history is short you will need a co signer, I have excellent credit and decent job and about 5 years worth and I would still need a co signer.

A few years worth of credit is still short most places would like too see around 5-7 years and without a co signer. Try a bank if you have excellent credit and a couple years of credit.

Also I have saw 04's for $4500 with around 5-7k miles, just have to look around, but alot of people sellking them for $6 only have a few thousands miles, which is hardly nothing at all.

I think its funny you are posting this becuase what would make you think you wouldnt need a co signer with a very short credit history?

Try getting him to co sign for you and you for him.......doubt they will accept it but you never know.

Old 08-19-2006, 07:18 PM

they told me i dont need a co-signer unless i am living at home with my parents. Im 19 with short credit history so it can be done o and i worked at taco bell haha. so i didnt have a good job or a co signer and i got approved through honda.

Quick Reply: Financing Though Honda