Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Finally went skydiving!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 03:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finally went skydiving!!!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: dizzie56

if anybody is going, def worth the lil bit of extra money to get the dvd/picture package made imo.
Post yours!!!

Old 03-10-2008, 03:31 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wasnt scared at all...until after the guy pulled the shute and said "Oh ****".

Sounds fun .. 'cept for the part where the guys junk is too close to your area .. no hawt chick instructors?

I'm planning on doing it too to "get it out of my system" .. small exception would be that mine would be due to mid life crisis. haha.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:50 PM

ORIGINAL: 2QK4U2C

if anybody is going, def worth the lil bit of extra money to get the dvd/picture package made imo.
Post yours!!!
thats what ima try and do, just cant figure out how to get the damn vid off the dvd and onto youtube...any comp geeks out there that know how to do this? i dont have a freakin clue.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:08 PM

I want to do it because I think once I'm doing it I might be ok and once I land safely on the ground I would be like HECK YES! BUT, I hate flying and I have the worst luck ever something would go wrong for me. I think the only way I would do it is over the ocean so if I come flying in at 300mph maybe I'll survive. I would probably pee, cry, crap, pass out, wake up cry and pee, pass out all in that order then hit the ocean. hahahahahahaha I really do like the feel of fear and adrenaline and your heart racing though but I'm just a kitty. Heck sometimes when I'm playing video games and I fall really really really far I get that heart racing thing like I'm really falling. I'm a nerd.

Mike

Old 03-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell yea!! congrats dizzie.
I did a tandem jump about 17 years ago.
Very sureal experience being up there.

I figured there was no turning back once the airplane started rolling.
I could never live with myself ifI pussedout.

Once you get to altitude I swear I could almost see the edge of the earth!!!
I know, I know, probably nothing even close toa HALO jump, but it was enough for me.

A "must do" for everyoneat least once. [sm=wootwoot.gif]

Old 03-10-2008, 05:24 PM

That reminds me, you couldn't get my dad to go skydiving, especially after his near death experience in the army. Think jumping from 1,100 feet and getting a double malfunction with the main shute malfunctioning, pulling the reserve and having that tangle in the main (reserves are designed to operate without having to disconnect from the main), and only having a few seconds to get it untangled before disaster.

Even now he gets nightmares about that incident. And even after 20 some years later, when we went on the parachute ride at Six Flags in Texas, his face turned green.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Friend and Hero ...

I just can't believe that anybody that has jumped is not automatically hooked for life. I guess we are all truly different and I know I posted some information and links earlier to some Marine Corps jumps but here are some personal pic this were taken in North Carolina. I'm not in the last photo it is of a good friend touching down, but I am the last man out the door in the first photo. One of the five best feelings in the world. As far as I'm concerned

[IMG]local://upfiles/16045/2E16D6BA35E3484EA948C912C4ACD2CA.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/16045/65B6E465DBA341D68C62A2FD436A7B1B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-11-2008, 04:05 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I kinda view parachuting as a last resort...the plane is going down in flames and I'm going to die...it's a better option lol...to do it for the sake of it though, whilst I understand the rush, is in my book mad...too many variables...I don't fear heights or even flying, I just have a deep aversion to hitting the ground at 700mph ...lol

Jules

PS each to their own, glad you enjoyed it...I'll stick with a bike ;-)

Old 03-11-2008, 08:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Juliet

I kinda view parachuting as a last resort...the plane is going down in flames and I'm going to die...it's a better option lol...to do it for the sake of it though, whilst I understand the rush, is in my book mad...too many variables...I don't fear heights or even flying, I just have a deep aversion to hitting the ground at 700mph ...lol

Jules

120mph max velocity for a body... No faster than a bike will do. i guess going straight down is scarier then going across the earth?!

Old 03-11-2008, 08:32 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: SchiraF4I

ORIGINAL: Juliet

Jules

120mph max velocity for a body... No faster than a bike will do. i guess going straight down is scarier then going across the earth?!
I know ...kinda knew that... although thought it was nearer 180-200 mph?...as for 700mph I meant in a plane...anyway don't fancy hitting the ground at anything over about 20mph and even that ain't my idea of recreational therapy...I feel with the bike it's ME who decides if I hit something at 120mph...lol

Jules

Quick Reply: Finally went skydiving!!!!!!!!!!!