Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Finally went skydiving!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finally went skydiving!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a blast - but **** that bull riding shiite...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw55QP_pFL4

Old 03-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Hell there are a lot of guys out here on this forum who are already certified as dive masters fishfryer, myself and a couple of others who could dive certify you a hell of a lot cheaper than taking a course or class same thing goes with your jump certification. Just a matter of getting a log book an individual such as myself to certify he has given you the hours of instruction necessaryand passing the written test you can go out on one weekend someplace like Atlanta airsports, which is nowhere near Atlanta LOL they have. Hundred dollar days, you pay $100 and jump as many times as you can that day those count Of course as certified jumps. If you could find someone like myself, who is instructor certified to take you with them. You could probably get it done for a couple of hundred bucks.

BTW.
We call these pro-pack days ( Prepare Reserve Opening ) you're usually in such a damn hurry to get yourchute repacked. You may have to use the reserve

Old 03-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654

BTW.
We call these pro-pack days ( Prepare Reserve Opening ) you're usually in such a damn hurry to get yourchute repacked. You may have to use the reserve
That is probably some of the most insanse **** I've ever read in my life, Hardcorp. If you hadn't before, you have certainly earned that username after having typed that ****ing sentence.

You're a friggin' nut man - I love it!

You know, I'm pretty damn interested in what you've just said, though. Where are you located? This could be something really cool to do as a small group from here... everyone take a road trip, meet up with HC and get some skydiving certifications.

Anyone interested?

If HC is up to it, we could all pad his wallet a bit for his efforts, of course.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:14 PM

Hell there are a lot of guys out here on this forum who are already certified as dive masters fishfryer, myself and a couple of others who could dive certify you a hell of a lot cheaper than taking a course or class same thing goes with your jump certification. Just a matter of getting a log book an individual such as myself to certify he has given you the hours of instruction necessaryand passing the written test you can go out on one weekend someplace like Atlanta airsports, which is nowhere near Atlanta LOL they have. Hundred dollar days, you pay $100 and jump as many times as you can that day those count Of course as certified jumps. If you could find someone like myself, who is instructor certified to take you with them. You could probably get it done for a couple of hundred bucks.

BTW.
dont sound like a bad idea imo...ill have to find somebody around here after i get back from that bull riding ****. got a couple people that wanna do it with me though, tryin to go with some friends down to the keys this summer and go spearfishin for some hognose, that fish tastes so damn good.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

BTW.
That is probably some of the most insanse **** I've ever read in my life, Hardcorp. If you hadn't before, you have certainly earned that username after having typed that ****ing sentence.

You're a friggin' nut man - I love it!

You know, I'm pretty damn interested in what you've just said, though. Where are you located? This could be something really cool to do as a small group from here... everyone take a road trip, meet up with HC and get some skydiving certifications.

Anyone interested?

If HC is up to it, we could all pad his wallet a bit for his efforts, of course.

On the subject of my username in can be found in the urban dictionary, placed there by a (retired ) Master Gunnery Sergeant, who was the 11th Marine to leave Force Reconnaissance but here's how I explained it
There are many urban legends as to whatHARDCORPStruly means for myself. It means being the Hardest , Physically Fit, Marine within my chosen profession within the CORPS . The 8654 is a 2ND MOS designation, Which Stands for a Reconnaissance Parachute / Diver Certified Marine so as you can see Parachute /Dive certified is something I'm very proud of

Now would I be willing to help some of you guys get certified not at all, but at the moment. Not physically up to it. I rode for five hours yesterday and it felt like I had just done the triathlon. We can revisit the issue later in the summer. On the subject of instructing a small group, the biggest problem with that in civilian setting. IT Not acceptable, but there are a few options here could do a group of guys in statline training does not give you the wonderful feeling of freefall. But does put you one step closer to being fully certified about the best I could do on freefall certification by myself on a weekend would be 2 but I maybe possibly could persuade a few friends to help out the drawback to this is. We would probably have to do it in North Carolina. As to where my located is currently in the same place it always has been for the most part it's listed on my profile West Georgia

Old 03-10-2008, 12:48 PM

I think when I go skydiving I'm gona take a **** mid air. I try to beat my **** to the ground. Might aim it at a large body of people too.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Banned

I have held off taking my first jump. Due to my addictive personality, I have to limit myself to things that I know if I try I will be able to afford the hobby.

I have a couple close friends who have started. They both got so hooked, they becam instructors. I know that if I go, I will end up living that lifestyle. I just cant afford to take that first jump, knowing how expensive it will become.

Cant wait till I do though. Much props to you Dizzie for doing it!!!! Have you thought about taking some video of your next jump?

Old 03-10-2008, 01:32 PM

No way you can get me to jump out of a perfectly good airplane, besides, i'm REDICULOUSLY afraid of heights, 2-3 stories up and I get dizzy lol. Several miles up and i'll probably ****/**** my pants then pass out.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:54 PM

sooo jealous. I want to go skydiving so bad. Maybe this summer.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:16 PM

I'm planning to go thru the AFF coarse this April or May...can't wait!

Quick Reply: Finally went skydiving!!!!!!!!!!!