Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: What are you driving on?
Motorcycle License Endorsement
82.76%
Motorcycle Permit
13.79%
Nothing at all. I like to live on the edge.
3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Finally Got my License, Who else?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 09:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UnderAssumedName
It's much more time and (especially) money here to get a license but that's not the topic. Congrats on the license! Are you going to celebrate it by taking a 2up night ride on the interstate without a helmet? (Just kidding about the helmet thing. )
already did all that.....shhhhhh..... (except the helmet thing) I'll always wear that.

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
I took the MSF class and after passing you can go to the DMV here and have the endorsement added right away.
I think it may be the same way here, not sure.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:15 AM

i still have my permit, doing my test next month but our permit rules are:

no highway driving
no night time riding
no 2 up
and i believe i cant buy a certain CC bike =S (dont quote me on that)

permit is $20 and expires in 3 months.. but you must keep it for a month before doing your m2 test

Old 06-15-2011, 12:39 PM

i have my permit. just went to get my license today. the instructor wouldnt even let me take the test because my bike didnt have "stock signals".

Old 06-15-2011, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by mike.bucci
i have my permit. just went to get my license today. the instructor wouldnt even let me take the test because my bike didnt have "stock signals".
what a d*ck....mine doesn't have stock signals, but he didn't say a word about them.

I have the leds integrated into my passenger pegs and flush mounts up front btw.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:53 PM

Bought my bike then the same day I got my permit and 2 days later passed my riding test. The instructor was shocked I only had the bike for 2 days but then again I've been riding dirbikes for my whole life. The funny part was I was taking the test with guys who have already taken it 3 times and failed and have renewed their permit for the past 5 years

Old 06-15-2011, 01:17 PM

i don't see how anyone could fail that test. In ohio at least. it was super easy.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:28 PM
October 2011 ROTM

I got my license 2 months after I got my bike. I picked up the bike in Feb and got the license in April and you really can't ride in Chicago before April so the timing worked out good. My brother got his license 7 months before he got a bike.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:29 PM

i got my license a few weeks ago its easy . cone test i like to ride at night and outta state both of which are no no with permit. speaking of dangers of riding my dads buddys sons buddy had a bike for one day then got took out by a van broadsided dead. just out of hs wtf huh?

Old 06-15-2011, 04:56 PM

Been riding on my permit for about 2 months. In New york you also have to bring someone in a car to carry the DMV person around when you take the test. Ours is 2 left circles 2 right circles and a figure 8 in any order. Only problem is the DMV near me usually has you take it on a super narrow street so it's a bit harder on a street bike. There's a guy around here that has been riding on just his permit for 20 years. Kinda ridiculous if you ask me.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

License. Got it when I took the MSF BRC. Here in PA the permit rules are:
  • Must wear a brain bucket
  • You can only ride after sunrise and before sunset
  • No passenger unless they are an authorized instructor
  • If you don't have any other type of license, you can only ride under supervision of a licensed motorcycle rider

If you complete the BRC or ERC, they issue you a temp license on the spot with an update card arriving via mail. It was pretty funny during the BRC tho. The first night the instructor walked in and asked
"Who already has a Class M license?". Only 1 guy raised his hand (he was there for a refresher).
"Who already has a motorcycle or moped?" Almost everyone raised their hand
"Who rode it here?" Almost the same number raised their hands (except me and the guy I came with)
"You all realize I can take your permit and boot you from class for riding at night?" Silence

Quick Reply: Finally Got my License, Who else?