Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

FHP trooper broke my fender kit!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 09:38 PM
Retired Admin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FHP trooper broke my fender kit!!!!

ORIGINAL: Repsol1

I say F--ck the police and make him pay. I would do everything I could to make him pay. I would get legal council and file more than just a complaint. Little differant story but, I had a friend who had his front door bashed in by 6 Las Vegas cops and then called all kinds of racial remarks. needles to say cops raided the wrong house now my friend sits at home collecting a check every month while the officers involved collect unemployment. rough life. If people don't stand up for ther rights people loose them.
I agree, Although I agree with the other side too. It will depend on how far your willing to go. If you are timid at all then say f*ck it, if you have a voice, and most honda riders do, then go after him. Get the vid from the dash cam, first thing you need some evidence to support your claim. If not your word against his would be tough, unless he is willing to tell the truth that he did bend it down. And then if you win the fight, any future tickets can be fought as well as retalliation(sp) even if his fellow officers give the tickets. There are always ways around the law, the question is how good are you? lol [8D]

Old 01-31-2006, 10:33 PM

I'd go after him and make him pay. Thats just what I would do, but I don't think they have any right to touch your personal property. Get the tape from the cam and file a complaint. If you have to get some kind of lawyer to give you some advice at the least. You may make some enemies, but at least you stood up to him. Thats just my .02

-Jesse-

Old 01-31-2006, 11:42 PM
Retired Administrator

Did I miss read something? I know I'm going on very little sleep here lately and mix up words like speeding and sleeping. It's not like this cop was waiting for him at a county line with a baseball bat busting all of his lights out so he could write tickets. It sounds like he was being some what nice. No, cops shouldn't be touching your ride like that, but what was his attitude? Was he being an *** or just trying to help. I'm sure if he wanted to he could find state codes that allow him to write tickets for modding the fender in the first place. What's on the bike from factory is ugly as hell, but much more visible than a CW kit. Think about it, the cops deal with a-holes hiding their plates so they can run easier. He's just doing his job and you have to know when to pick your battles. I don't think I'd go screaming civil rights violation over a license plate that doesn't sound like it was mounted all that well in the first place. The one I made, I can pick the bike up off the kick stand with it.

Old 02-01-2006, 12:11 AM
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: doncollins

It's not like this cop was waiting for him at a county line with a baseball bat busting all of his lights out so he could write tickets.
nice Porky's reference!

Old 02-01-2006, 11:17 AM

Yeah I guess it depends on the attitude of him and the attitude of the cop. But if it was me and some guy or cop came up and to my bike and started messing with my undertail or anything else I would get pissed and if he broke it I would make sure he had to pay to get it fixed, but thats just me. Like you said it might have been a poor install or something and it was already falling off and he just "helped" it. If the cop was being cool about it and just thought he'd try to straighten it all you had to really do is say "hold on, I'll do it" or something along those lines. Its just kind of a bad situation to be in I guess cause it just cost him $130 for the FE + his ticket if he got one.

What was your attitude towards him? Mabye the cop was having a bad day or his wifey didn't give him any before he left for work or something LOL.

-Jesse-

Old 02-01-2006, 04:22 PM

tell you the truth, i think since it was so many days late, you would have to find some damn good evidence. I mean seriously, think abot it, if you go to the dealer with ur car, they put a scratch on it, they'll just say it was already there. and tahts only a car dealership!!! this is a law enforcer, i'd honestly say that its really not worth it. I understand about pride and stuff, but honestly, i'd jsut fix it myself n call it a day.

Old 02-01-2006, 09:50 PM

wow i didnt even notice that i was a senoir member!!!!!!!!!!!!11 awesome well anywasy now that i am in a better mood here is what i plan to do: in answer to your replies, no the cop was not being a dick at all. in fact he was actually being really nice. he then proceeded to thank me for not trying to run cause where he pulled me over at there was a vast stretch of open straight road. anyways since he was not being a dick and i found out that he woiuld have to reimburse me himself, i decided to just file a complaint but not to go after the reimbursement. i mean after all he was just tryin to do his job. oh and before i go it was an aftermarket fender kit, not the stock one. i got rid of that one about a week after i got the bike!!!!!! now its off to do some well deserved wheelies!!! YES!

Old 02-02-2006, 01:26 AM

hymm.......so then why did you file a complaint against him?? i don't really get it.....maybe you could of talked to the cop n not filed a report that way let him know next time don't touch someone elses property so he doen't get in trouble or soemthing..personally, i don't think i would of filed a report