Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Fg raging pissed

Old 05-12-2011, 09:45 AM
October 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Fg raging pissed

So my condo association is repaving my driveway and the street that leads to it so they are forcing us to park on the main and very busy street. Well this doesn't please me because I pay my mortgage every month so that my truck and bike can park in my garage and be safe. Unfortunately I don't have an option so I park on the street. Well this morning I walk out to my truck to find some a$$hole has hit my mirror. The mirror was bent backwards (which is okay because it is hinged) and my glass is shattered on the ground. I guess the plus side is there is no other damage to my tuck besides the mirror. I go to file a police report and the cop told me unless I go through insurance then there is no need for a police report. I called my association to see if they will cover it because I got kicked out of my garage and they said no so looks like I am screwed. On top of all this I got notice that my mortgage is going up by 41% because some dumba$$ didn't calculate my taxes right. Man life blows now. Oh well. Here are some pics.
Name:  2011-05-12_08-42-07_149.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  87.8 KB
Name:  2011-05-12_08-42-13_677.jpg
Size:  51.0 KB
Name:  2011-05-12_09-36-26_269.jpg
Size:  92.1 KB

Old 05-12-2011, 11:13 AM
August 2011 ROTM

R Dub, that sucks. I cannot figure out how the mirror got that mark. It doesn't look like just normal bang from a car.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry about your mirror. Thankfully, just that was damaged.

As for the police report... As a citizen, you have a right to a report. It could be vandalism, which is important to document. Higher vandalism areas are patrolled more often. While your mirror is a loss to you, its not significantly expensive to file on insurance w/ the resulting premium increase. However, down the line, you have a broken windshield/etc. That would be file-worthy.

Sorry for you rough day.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

File a police report anyways. That way there's no crap with your insurance claiming you did it yoursself

Old 05-12-2011, 11:50 AM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Sorry about your mirror. Thankfully, just that was damaged.

As for the police report... As a citizen, you have a right to a report. It could be vandalism, which is important to document. Higher vandalism areas are patrolled more often. While your mirror is a loss to you, its not significantly expensive to file on insurance w/ the resulting premium increase. However, down the line, you have a broken windshield/etc. That would be file-worthy.

Sorry for you rough day.
I don't believe it to be vandalism because if it was some dumb kids with a bat or club or something I would think they would have taken out a few mirrors, not just mine but I could be wrong. My Dad agrees with you in the fact that the city needs to know about it for their records and that is what a police report would do. I didn't know that at the time so I just left but if this ever happens again, which is should not because I am parking in my garage from now on and don't care what the association says then I know to get a police report even if I am not going through insurance.

Yeah its been a hell of a rough day. I need to

Old 05-12-2011, 12:40 PM

a 41% increase in your mortgage?? good lord.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:53 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
a 41% increase in your mortgage?? good lord.
Yes that is correct, 41%. Its an insane amount. Looks like no more goodies for the bike and I got to cut back to bush Light and ramen noodles for a while

Old 05-12-2011, 03:02 PM

Remember to tuck them in when you get out of the truck. Less of a chance of that happening. I always do it with my ranger when I park on the street.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:18 PM

Sorry to hear about that. Seems like that cop wants to prevent future paperwork. If I were you, I'd think about investigating that "mistake" with a lawyer and see if you can negotiate that 41% increase into something more manageable. The fella that made that mistake should be partially culpable.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by R Dub
Yes that is correct, 41%. Its an insane amount. Looks like no more goodies for the bike and I got to cut back to bush Light and ramen noodles for a while
Ah to be in college again.. haha

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fg raging pissed