Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

fellow down.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007 | 08:28 AM
Default fellow down.......

just yesterday..started to getwarm and nice .. it was about 89 out there .. so my friend calls me and he wants to go out for a ride ... he just got a 2007 1k rr .. it was his first bike.. and he has just put on the first 600 mi so he wanted to hit the freeway so he can open it up.. i said okay we went it was great... so i decide to push more.. i go up to 150mph .i look at him in the mirror and he is way in the back so i slow down as he speed up so he is on like 120mph now in front of me ..we were in the left lane .and then i saw this car in the left so i give a signal to go to the right lane so i can pass .. i dont know what he was thinkin.. he goes toward the car and he tries to pass the car from the left side( between the car and the highway devider).. and then boom every thing happened so fast the guy went flyin in the air god knows for how high the bike too went flyin over head .. the car driver seen him coming thru that area so he tries to avoid him but it goes bad too with the car as he spined his car into the divider.. damn man it was just a scene that u would see in an action movie.. my friend had full gear on ... but it helped a lil .. they transfered him to the hospital with helicopter... and now he is still paraliezed the doctor says he got broken bones every where it even went thru his lung and his heart is not staple .. and there is some brain damage .... man im prayin he go thru it he is only 25 and his family is going thru terrible time now..he is the only son to his father ..... all of u out there pary for him .. here some pic of the bike ..

[IMG]local://upfiles/12021/71AC854B89C74EB3BBBCA82E5E1C752C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/12021/E0B60CCACFE948DFBEBC14B063906B02.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-20-2007 | 08:56 AM
Default RE: fellow down.......

Bad stuff, keep my fingers & toes crossed for him. Keep us posted

Old 05-20-2007 | 10:08 AM

Wow... I can't tell you how sad that makes me.

I will pray for him and his family.

...and please people. The season is getting into full swing and I just keep hearing about crazy stuff like this. Please, think while you ride. Most of the things I am hearing could easily be avoided and everyone go home safe and happy if everyone just would take a few seconds to think about what they are getting ready to do - before they do it.

Old 05-20-2007 | 11:32 AM
Banned

Sorry to hear about your buddy. I hope he gets better soon.

But what were you thinking? It is your job and responsibilty to consider his lack of experience when you take the lead. Of course he should have been smarter, but HE WAS A F**KING NOOB!!!!! 150mph, 120mph whatever the case, you need to take a step back and think about putting someone in that position, he was following you because he trusted you, he doesn't know anything.

This is like scuba diving with a new guy. You check his gauges, you look in his eyes to make sure he isn't narced, you check his gear, you check his bubbles for hyperventilation.

He looked to you to get him through this ride in one piece and you blew it. Don't you know that little boys that buy big bikes are so full of machismo and testosterone that they don't think clearly and don't want to admit they can't do something well yet.

All I can say to all you other riders that take noobs out is be careful. Pretend that your mother is on the back. Think about you as a complete noob and you need guidance. All I hear is 'wear your gear', 'squid this or squid that', well only idiots ride at 150 mph on the road.

Have a nice F**king day.

Old 05-20-2007 | 11:48 AM

ORIGINAL: simo1000rr

he just got a 2007 1k rr .. it was his first bike.. he wanted to hit the freeway so he can open it up.. i said okay we went it was great... so i decide to push more.. i go up to 150mph.
Who the hell do you think you are acting like that? Read the quote above and tell what's wrong with it? EVERYTHING. I hope you realize that you are to blame for his injuries. I honestly hope that someone, somewhere kicks your a$$ for this.

Old 05-20-2007 | 12:03 PM

ORIGINAL: simo1000rr

just yesterday..started to getwarm and nice .. it was about 89 out there .. so my friend calls me and he wants to go out for a ride ... he just got a 2007 1k rr .. it was his first bike.. and he has just put on the first 600 mi so he wanted to hit the freeway so he can open it up.. i said okay we went it was great... so i decide to push more.. i go up to 150mph .i look at him in the mirror and he is way in the back so i slow down as he speed up so he is on like 120mph now in front of me ..we were in the left lane .and then i saw this car in the left so i give a signal to go to the right lane so i can pass .. i dont know what he was thinkin.. he goes toward the car and he tries to pass the car from the left side( between the car and the highway devider).. and then boom every thing happened so fast the guy went flyin in the air god knows for how high the bike too went flyin over head .. the car driver seen him coming thru that area so he tries to avoid him but it goes bad too with the car as he spined his car into the divider.. damn man it was just a scene that u would see in an action movie.. my friend had full gear on ... but it helped a lil .. they transfered him to the hospital with helicopter... and now he is still paraliezed the doctor says he got broken bones every where it even went thru his lung and his heart is not staple .. and there is some brain damage .... man im prayin he go thru it he is only 25 and his family is going thru terrible time now..he is the only son to his father ..... all of u out there pary for him .. here some pic of the bike ..

[IMG]local://upfiles/12021/71AC854B89C74EB3BBBCA82E5E1C752C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/12021/E0B60CCACFE948DFBEBC14B063906B02.jpg[/IMG]
Just wanted to get the original post quoted in case he edits it. I've linked here from other sites as an example of how NOT to be a mentor. I think this threads needs to be allowed to stay visible for a long time to come so that it can be refered to like this. Such a sad story.

Old 05-20-2007 | 12:16 PM

Any accident will have 2 sides. Those blaming and those consoling the injured. In this case, I am on both sides. I will console the family who now has a severely injured memberwho never may be the same. I will also blame the idiot "friend" whothought it was a goodidea to go riding150mph + with a noob. I am not high and mighty and surely I've done stupid things on my bike. But a noob on a 1000 with barely 600 miles of seat time is now going triple digit speeds in traffic?! This is why sportbikers get a bad name.

Old 05-20-2007 | 12:25 PM

i know when i first started riding i wanted to keep up w/ whoever i was riding w/. but there comes a point where you're like "ok, this is too fast". the blame can go both ways. i wouldnt point a finger. i wish the best for you're friend, his family AND you.

ride smart, ride SAFE!

Old 05-20-2007 | 12:32 PM
VP

LET ME SAY THIS BEFORE THE REST OF YOU JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS:

We all make mistakes in life. I hope you really learn a lot from this experience. Next time you get on your bike, you need to think abuot what happened to your friend for a few minutes before you ride away. Think about how this happened. Realize how this was partially your fault.You didn't tell him what decision to make, but it's clear he saw someone do something like that before. By speeding with him on the highway (especially when you sped away from him) you set the standard. You need torealize that it's your responsibility to teach your friends safe riding techniques. Tell your friends this story from now on. Whenever you see somebody riding unsafe on the ride, if you get the opportunity, tell them this story. Don't tell them what they want to hear, tell them what they need to hear. Everyone on this site plays a dangerous game, and it's our responsibility to keep new riders and unsafe riders educated on the consequences. It's very sad you made the decision you did, but I forgive you for it. I hope this isn't your first mistake in this manner. If this has happened before, I feel bad for the person for trusting in you. If this is the first time, then it's a shame he was the one who was part of your lesson.

Keep us updated on his condition.

Old 05-20-2007 | 12:32 PM
Banned

i wouldnt point a finger.
Are you running for office????????????????? If you can't take a stand on this how can you even pick out clothes in the morning or decide if you are gonna wipe with your left hand or right. Jesus Christ, no wonder why there are so many dickless a-holes in politics, this country is full of them. Take a stand on something beside 'what slip-on is the best' or Michelin pilots or diablos.

I miss the good old days where we didn't worry about everyones feelings and we did and said what we knew to be 'right'. I need a wayback machine.

Quick Reply: fellow down.......