Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The federal ID card

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The federal ID card

ad nauseum: adv. To a disgusting or ridiculous degree; to the point of nausea

Old 01-15-2008, 06:42 AM

ok as far as the chip....... your cell phone does....... police have used cell phones to catch criminals for years.... not to mention using t capability to activate the microphone remotely even if the phone is off... soo the chip don't bother me,

Old 01-15-2008, 07:46 AM

ORIGINAL: RCR

It really doesn't matter to me. So what big brother knows im in a titty bar,wal mart,in a boat and such. Im not a person they will need to worry about. I don't steal, rob people or do drugs. I would not be on their radar. It may also clean up the illegal's we have in the country and keep crimes down if they could track who was where when the incedent happend.

And really like it would notof been hard to track me today. I used my cell phone 20+ times, swiped my atm card 3x's and got gas on my credit card.

I know where youre going with this and I understand your concerns of where it could lead us. I like to fight the system anyways so I would protestit just for the hell of it. I just wanted to point out that it would not effect me personally cause I don't careif they know where I am 24/7.
man, i see your argumentbut like my biology professor always used to say to us in high school "Your looking at the trees when you should be looking at the forest."

what your saying is that if you do nothing wrong you shouldnt worry, and i agree with you. i dont do anything wrong either, but i should still have the right to my privacy shouldnt i? hell, thats part of why this country was made in the first place, along with many other reasons.

now i said your looking at the tree instead of the forest meaning you are only looking at the small problem in front of you and not really looking at the big picture here. look at what is happening with this lil step, the federal government is basically saying that the state's rights are crap in a sense on this one instance, the drivers license. now answer me this, what is to stop them from making another step in the future? and iknow you said that you dont care if they track you right now and what not, but what happens when they do finallydo something that would offend you, it would kinda be to late right? everything starts with something little, its called the snowball effect. once you start, it doesnt take much to keep it rolling.

and honestly, this isnt going to keep illegals out of the country...lets face it. hell, they can make social security cards, drivers licenses and whatever else they need to say that they are legal. do you think that they can not just make a fake card in the future? and another thing, no legal citizen is willing to go and pick fruit for $.10 a bundle or work the ****ie construction jobs like roofing for as little as they get paid. hell, i work in roofing, and ill be honest if it werent for some imegrants then our prices would skyrocket and the jobs would be done 5 times slower and sloppier. they know that if they screw up,they def aint stickin around to get another chance.

dont get me wrong tho, their are alot of problems that come with illegal immigrants as well, but those can all pretty much be fixed on our end as well. like the bill that says that all people, illegal or not, get a right to be fixed up in a hospital...thats bs since the immigrants just skip out on the bill and force us to pay for the rest of it. but like i said, it can be fixed on our end.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:11 AM
RCR

I know, I know give em an inch and they will take a mile. Just like the energy commision for california, they slipped in a ordinance to control our thermostates during the heat waves by remote controll. Enabling them to rise or shut off air temps. They are sneaky bastards and want to controll us like cattle. My point was Im not that hard to find right now. They will still have the same problem now with the real ID trying to find people that don't want to be found.

ORIGINAL: dizzie56

and honestly, this isnt going to keep illegals out of the country...lets face it. hell, they can make social security cards, drivers licenses and whatever else they need to say that they are legal. do you think that they can not just make a fake card in the future? and another thing, no legal citizen is willing to go and pick fruit for $.10 a bundle or work the ****ie construction jobs like roofing for as little as they get paid. hell, i work in roofing, and ill be honest if it werent for some imegrants then our prices would skyrocket and the jobs would be done 5 times slower and sloppier. they know that if they screw up,they def aint stickin around to get another chance.

dont get me wrong tho, their are alot of problems that come with illegal immigrants as well, but those can all pretty much be fixed on our end as well. like the bill that says that all people, illegal or not, get a right to be fixed up in a hospital...thats bs since the immigrants just skip out on the bill and force us to pay for the rest of it. but like i said, it can be fixed on our end.
Thats what is wrong with our country today. You accept it as a norm and its wrong. I have swung a hammer almost my entire adult life and now own my own construction company that does not hire Illegall's. Do you know that I pay up to 28% for workmans comp insuranse? So when I pay one of my guys $1,200 salary I also pay $336.00 on top of all the other taxes I pay and in the end it cost me almost $29 an hour for 1 employee with out me making a penny yet. On other jobsI do getlower rates.

What would you do if you were replaced by an Illegal? Not fair is it, Just think about all the people that have been replaced.

Like I said I have been there and done that. I watched the construction industry change from (not in a racist manner) all legal to all illegal. We used to do those jobs but were replaced for cheap labor off the books and when they get hurt they go to the hospital and skip on the bill causing my insurance rates to skyrocket.

So am I competitive with a company that has Illegals? No of coarse not. Do I wish there was a system in place like a Real ID to slow the destruction of America on illegal hiring practices? HELL YA!!

Your job may be safe today but what about the next day? I really don't want to be tracked like a salmon swimming up stream but I do want to work tomarrow.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:55 AM

ORIGINAL: RCR

I know, I know give em an inch and they will take a mile. Just like the energy commision for california, they slipped in a ordinance to control our thermostates during the heat waves by remote controll. Enabling them to rise or shut off air temps. They are sneaky bastards and want to controll us like cattle. My point was Im not that hard to find right now. They will still have the same problem now with the real ID trying to find people that don't want to be found.

+1000000

Thats what is wrong with our country today. You accept it as a norm and its wrong. I have swung a hammer almost my entire adult life and now own my own construction company that does not hire Illegall's. Do you know that I pay up to 28% for workmans comp insuranse? So when I pay one of my guys $1,200 salary I also pay $336.00 on top of all the other taxes I pay and in the end it cost me almost $29 an hour for 1 employee with out me making a penny yet. On other jobsI do getlower rates.

What would you do if you were replaced by an Illegal? Not fair is it, Just think about all the people that have been replaced.

Like I said I have been there and done that. I watched the construction industry change from (not in a racist manner) all legal to all illegal. We used to do those jobs but were replaced for cheap labor off the books and when they get hurt they go to the hospital and skip on the bill causing my insurance rates to skyrocket.

So am I competitive with a company that has Illegals? No of coarse not. Do I wish there was a system in place like a Real ID to slow the destruction of America on illegal hiring practices? HELL YA!!

Your job may be safe today but what about the next day? I really don't want to be tracked like a salmon swimming up stream but I do want to work tomarrow.
Look man, i know what your saying. The WC issue sucks, and we all know why...its because what you and i both said, they go to the hospitals and skip out on the bill or just try and collect wc cause they accidently hit their thumb with a nail...trust me ive seen it all.

read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergen...tive_Labor_Act

basically it says that we will treat anybody...legal or not. thats the first problem. if we dont give them the chance to be treated then we dont have the problem with footing the bill and its also one less incentive for them coming over here illegaly. im all for somebody coming here legally and working hard like my ancestors did, but im not down for somebody jumpin a creek to get here and taking advantage of everything that we hand out.

second, until wc rates go down, most companies cant afford to hire legals. hell, we dont even hire illegals here, but i sure as ****e know that they are. everyone of them have a SS card when they cant even say a lick of english. now i am a realist, i know that they prolly aint all legal, but i cant spend the time looking everyone up. so till those rates come down, yeah, expect to pay migrant workers less cause thats the only way alot of companies can survive.

the other problem is the insurance companies themselves homie. i live in Florida. a couple years ago, right after the hurricanes, alot of insurance complanies left the state and didnt even pay out on their policies...they claimed bankruptcy (yeah, i prolly cant spell lol). now what this did is that it allowed the other companies to raise their rates and become more selective with who they insure for "future disasters" that were said to be predicted in the coming years. we were told that for the next 20 years, we will have a couple major hurricanes each year along with many other named storms. complete bs. now, with no major hurricanes