Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Federal guard, medic die in Nimitz double fatality

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 08:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Federal guard, medic die in Nimitz double fatality

Not the cagers fault this time kids,

Gurtiza, who was driving home after work, was turning left from Nimitz Highway onto Camp Catlin Road when he was hit by a motorcyclist who was traveling west, police said.
Police said the motorcycle came at such speed that it penetrated the passenger side of the black 2008 four-door Nissan sedan, causing it to roll over onto its roof.
The motorcyclist and his 2007 maroon Kawasaki were lodged inside the car, police said. He was also pronounced dead at the scene.
http://www.starbulletin.com/news/haw..._fatality.html

Old 12-24-2008, 09:16 AM
RCR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Federal guard, medic die in Nimitz double fatality

to flip a car you need alittle speed behind you.

Old 12-24-2008, 10:22 AM

It is very difficult to judge the speed of a bike coming at you. We had a similar fatality here about two years ago...kid going 120mph between lights/left turning car. The 16 year old driver of the car said he was at the other end of the block when she initiated the turn. She thought she has lots of time and in normal circumstances she would have cleared the intersection with time to spare.
This was one of three fatalities within the city limits of inexperienced riders that year. The second one lost control and hit a solid object, the third became a hood ornament when rear-ended by a SUV. Two out of three were the riders fault.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:24 AM
RCR

ORIGINAL: thrasher572

It is very difficult to judge the speed of a bike coming at you. We had a similar fatality here about two years ago...kid going 120mph between lights/left turning car. The 16 year old driver of the car said he was at the other end of the block when she initiated the turn. She thought she has lots of time and in normal circumstances she would have cleared the intersection with time to spare.
This was one of three fatalities within the city limits of inexperienced riders that year. The second one lost control and hit a solid object, the third became a hood ornament when rear-ended by a SUV. Two out of three were the riders fault.
I can see that if your ready to turn and you see a bike 3/4 block away why would you think it would be there in 2 1/2 seconds. Most of the time you scan the area looking for a clear path to turn and your only looking at the bike for a split second due to its distance.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:50 PM

Exactly. The bike was at excessive speed and covered the distance so quickly. She thought it was safe to go. She was cleared of any wrong doing. Unfortunately the incident in the OP the cager was killed also.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He had to be haulin *** to flip that car. RIP to both.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:58 PM
Registered Users

that happend right infront of me and my wife and a few others when i first got here in hawaii it was right by the best western we were going back to our hotel there was pieces everywhere. there still is parts of the bike still by the road today i see them every day i come into work it was a horrible wreck

Old 12-24-2008, 06:43 PM

I heard about this the other day myself. US Army Pacific was up to 200+ days with 0 fatalities until this one. I travel that road frequently, and its not the one to open it up on. Im sorry this happened to this 24 year old SGT, as well as the Federal Guard. It was a ZX-10 btw.