Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Fastest Guitar solos...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fastest Guitar solos...

[sm=icon_rock.gif]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEverENV58s&NR=1

Old 09-03-2008, 07:44 PM
Default RE: Fastest Guitar solos...

I like iron maiden, their coreography between the two guitarists is great but I fawkin hate dragonforce with a passion...their lyrics are so damn dungeons and dragons ghey and the solos are just a showcase of that dudes freakish talent....it didn't help that I worked with some kid that went around blowjobbing them in any conversation about music regardless of the genre or artists we were talking about haha

Old 09-03-2008, 08:08 PM

I happen to like dragonforce, BUT, there are other bands I like more. their guitarist is just FREAKISHLY good, although I enjoy hearing manowar MUCH more. or rammstein. but hey, in the end its all music and I just hear it to keep me sane.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:17 PM

HAHA! Manowar FTW! And their album covers always kicked ***...giant codpieces, scantily clad chicks withmonstrous teats, and usually some sort of exotic wildlife (flying monkeys, wtf?). That's fookin' metal!
As for guitar pyrotechnics...I'll pop in Trivium or God Forbid. Dragonforce is good musically, but it's a joke lyrically. I still own it, but I consider putting it through pro-tools or something just to drop the lyrics out and have an album of just instrumentals...

Old 09-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Retired Moderator

Cool post Kikebaby!

Maiden and Rhodes are great, and forefathers of shred. Vai, Mcalpine, and Petrucci are beyond belief and make me shudder. Dimebag...Godbless you and RIP! No fast guitar playercompilation would be complete without the ever bloated a$$hole Yngwie Malmsteen, and perhap the fastest ever...Michael Angelo. I saw a few dudes on this vidwho reminded me of Yngwie. I always default back to Ritchie Blackmore who started it all. I was raised with shred, love it,butcould never playthat fast. However,Iprefer what Robert Cray and B.B. King do with ONE note. They play a single note sweeter than many do with16 measures of soloing. To me, what you don't play is just as important as what you play. Many times you can capture more emotion with silence than with sound. Istruggle to create beauty with silence as much as possible. Guitar players would be best served by emulating horn players rather than other guitar players. Horn players have to breath. Breathing is life.

P.S. My siggy says it all...

Old 09-03-2008, 09:29 PM

VoodooI agree completely. I'm a big fan of the old delta blues guys who just hung on a note and made you want to cry. It's a matter of being a musician, as opposed to being a technician. Me, I've been playing since I was 8, I'll will never be that fast, nor do I want to be. I can lock a groove down, play the blues 'till next week...I lost some chops after my surgeries, but they're slowly coming back. Damn quack doctor buggered me up good the first time.
Also, did you ever get that pic to load for you? I'll PM you if'n ya want...

Old 09-05-2008, 10:46 AM