Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Fair pay?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

o i have no doubt. you borrowed one (from him) that fit the bill to do a trackday. you bought the one you wanted, i'm sure you like it better.

as i see, if you want to keep your friend and get out of this, thats what i suggest to do - is swap.

but that doesn't mean i think that its "fair pay". i think what you did was fair. this guy isn't going to be on speed or motogp.com. if its functional, it should be good enough.

another option is offering to pay for a patch job by someone up to his standards.

Old 09-18-2011, 06:19 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gotta wonder, based on his reaction. If he started the ball and offered it to you,
(I have to assume, he knew a get-off was a possibility), was he "shopping"
for a replacement with the offer?

Feel free to discount the thought, I'm just a wee-bit the suspicious type. ;-)

Ern

Old 09-18-2011, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MadHattr059
Gotta wonder, based on his reaction. If he started the ball and offered it to you,
(I have to assume, he knew a get-off was a possibility), was he "shopping"
for a replacement with the offer?

Feel free to discount the thought, I'm just a wee-bit the suspicious type. ;-)

Ern
I was actually thinking the same thing, considering how quick he was to offer it to me. But not much I can do now. I'm bound to see him again on future ride and events and the last thing I want is to be known as the guy who screwed him over

Old 09-20-2011, 04:31 PM

he should have discussed what would happen in the very possibility of a low side which is not uncommon when you go to a damn track.

Old 09-20-2011, 05:18 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That's why I NEVER believe in borrowing, lending, someone you car, bike, suit, ditto personal property, even money too...between friends. It's better just to clarify up front, it's okay, I don't need it...or if some friend asking you to lend yours to him, just say sorry bro...cannot....it's just to need to be up front. Worst case scenario is that you ending up, having a grudge, lost a friend. Not just property, even services too, do have friend performing work for you at a discounted price, or remodel you home an so on....if chit ever happens, it's tougher to solve...

Old 09-20-2011, 05:24 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If this suit was his back up, and it is indeed used right? ask his to sell it to you as is....Does not make sense to buy him one? Just ask him, ok bro...I'll buy your used suit...but hook me up with your best price. because I just spent $$$ repairing it for you....

Old 09-22-2011, 10:00 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

IMO putting a patch on a hole or two isn't fixing it.
You should have had the panels with holes in them replaced.

If someone knocked a hole in your fairing, or something else you owned -would you be happy with a "patch" - I don't think so.

Deliberately knee dragging without sliders in someone else's suit is unreasonable

Would you do it in your own new suit ?- I'd guess not.

I like the offer to buy it from him at a price based on what it was like before you roasted it.
Find an equivalent suit on e-Bay and offer him the value of it.

Whether you asked, or he offered, doesn't make any difference - you still damaged his gear.
You wouldn't have been allowed on the track without it.

Old 09-22-2011, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Shadow
IMO putting a patch on a hole or two isn't fixing it.
You should have had the panels with holes in them replaced.

If someone knocked a hole in your fairing, or something else you owned -would you be happy with a "patch" - I don't think so.

Deliberately knee dragging without sliders in someone else's suit is unreasonable

Would you do it in your own new suit ?- I'd guess not.

I like the offer to buy it from him at a price based on what it was like before you roasted it.
Find an equivalent suit on e-Bay and offer him the value of it.

Whether you asked, or he offered, doesn't make any difference - you still damaged his gear.
You wouldn't have been allowed on the track without it.
judges and their rationality and logic...pfffttttt!

Old 09-22-2011, 11:53 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How'd YOU like to ride with a patch on yer ***
Be uncomfortable as well as looking like a biker tramp.

rationality and logic
Be a funny old world without them.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am the person who lent him the suit.Why I did it?Because he had gone down a few times before.He said that he wanted to do a track day and wanted to know what was needed on the track.He wanted to run with his textile and mesh suit.That's not going to fly at any track day around here.I like to protect the riders that go on rides with me,so I kind of took him under my wing and help him out as much as possible.But that is no longer important as he did trade me the suit that he bought,which was an older suit than what I had.I cared alot for this person,I knew him as "slider"cause he crashed so many times.He recently lost his life in a motorcycle accident where he was heading to a bike night where I was supposed to go as well.I tried so hard to teach him how to ride the streets,but to no avail.

R.I.P my brother
http://www.centralvalleyridersforum.com/

Last edited by letsride; 11-14-2011 at 02:00 AM.

Quick Reply: Fair pay?