Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Fair pay?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fair pay?

Ok so I borrowed a set of leathers for a trackday I did yesterday, and I ended up low-siding twice in them. I put a nice hole in the butt and the leg. I went to a repair lady and got it all fixed, but the guy I borrowed it from seemed a little upset about the whole situation so I offered to give him a little money next time I get paid, cuz I wanna keep go relations with him. He said to give him whatever I thought was fair. So my question is, what is fair? Any input would be great.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the guy wanted them to stay perfect he never should have let you borrow them. He let you borrow them knowing what could happen. You got them fixed so i would call it even and be done with it.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have had them repaired, thrown in a carton & hopefully help him drink it.
I know a few people that would have just handed them back & said sorry....

Old 09-18-2011, 10:17 AM

Ok so the guy just contacted me and said he could feel the seam and didn't feel comfortable in the suit and now he wants me to buy him another suit in similar condition. Do you think I should or is he asking for too much?

Old 09-18-2011, 10:25 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobretticuz
Ok so the guy just contacted me and said he could feel the seam and didn't feel comfortable in the suit and now he wants me to buy him another suit in similar condition. Do you think I should or is he asking for too much?
If you are going to buy him a new suit in similar condition make sure you take his suit and try to sell it to recoup some of your money.
Or if you don't want to keep the suit find out what the suit he wants is worth and how much he can sell the one he has for and minus the difference and give him that.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by jeffjones
If you are going to buy him a new suit in similar condition make sure you take his suit and try to sell it to recoup some of your money.
Or if you don't want to keep the suit find out what the suit he wants is worth and how much he can sell the one he has for and minus the difference and give him that.
But do you think it's fair for me to have to buy him one even though I fixed his?

Old 09-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No, he knew the potential when he lent them too you. He should be glad YOU came
back in one piece. You did the right thing, paid for the repairs. If he was expecting more, he should have said so when he lent them to you, BEFORE you wore them.

If you were going to get a set anyway, you might spring for them and swap him.
However, that's YOU going above and beyond, at that point. You, in my opinion,
fulfilled your responsibility as a borrower. Are you sure you want to hang with
someone, who feels like you owe him? I'm betting, he will still hold it against you,
despite any further efforts on your part.

My wife says, borrowed things should be returned in "as good or BETTER shape".
Lender should have known better, and is overly **** on the back-end of the agreement.
BUT, that you have a greater responsibility to do good on the deal.
She also said, "What's he wearing when he's not at the track? He should have his
own gear and ALWAYS be wearing it!". Now you know a little of my world, too. lol

Ern

Old 09-18-2011, 01:43 PM

Ya I think he's just upset about having a patch on it and maybe a little pissed that I was happy about kneedragging in it. I have since then bought my own suit and am thinking of swapping it with him, but I never really even asked to borrow it. He offered it to me. This suit is just his backup suit and he has another one. I'm sure he will hold this grudge forever, but now he's getting demanding so I think I may have to give in and just swap him

Old 09-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

if you feel comfortable about the patch, swap it if you want to remain friends.

sounds like he's being a lil nancy about it - since you got it fixed.

if you fixed it, and you trust it, swap him. you still have a suit, and a friend, and he has a new suit (which is what he wants)

Old 09-18-2011, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
if you feel comfortable about the patch, swap it if you want to remain friends.

sounds like he's being a lil nancy about it - since you got it fixed.

if you fixed it, and you trust it, swap him. you still have a suit, and a friend, and he has a new suit (which is what he wants)
I trust that the lady did a good patch job, it's just that mine is nicer (they're both teknic) and mine is a snug fit

Quick Reply: Fair pay?