Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

f4i Wrecked. =( (nasty pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 10:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f4i Wrecked. =( (nasty pics)

Well my and 4 of my ridding buddies were comming into town bout two weeks ago(when I crashed). We turned the corner on a long straight road through town and all started to get on it, I rode out first gear, slammed second and looked behind me to look at them, when I turned around I noticed the bike high siding, and before I knew it I had a long and painful slide ahead of me, I had on gloves and glasses.

I slide approx 145 ft. my bike went 315ft. the tach on my bike was stuck @ 8k rpm is second gear. I wanna say it came up and over about 75mph. I had road rash on about 50% of my body, I broke my fibula and tibula, and broke all the metitarples in my foot. I have a pin through my knee, a nail inside my fibula that runs from my knee to my ankle, and they had to reconstruct my foot with pins and screws. My foot swelled so big they had to make 3 large cuts in the skin to allow the muscle to go somewhere so it wouldn't cut off circulation. While sliding I was awake the whole time, and actually was sliding backwards looking at my buddies riding towards me, then I started a barrel roll which was pretty controlled until something caught and threw me 5-6 ft in the air, came down on my face. 15 stitches above my right eye. I blacked out after hitting my face, but only for a second, hoping I would wake up and be done sliding, but when I came to I was STILL sliding. After I was done sliding I hopped off the road (pure adrenaline driven to get up and hop off the road), I grabbed onto a mailbox and tried to stand on my other leg, thats when I fell because my other leg was behind me...lol. I laid there til the ambulance came, pretty high spirits, it hurt like hell, but I think my friends were more freaked out than I was. I had to have one of my buddies turn my foot to even out with my leg cause they were pointing different directions, and it felt like my calf musle was being ripped outta my leg, but after he turned my foot straight it wasn't too bad, til the paramedics put it in a splint. That hurt like hell. I gotta admit laying in the nasty grass with all that road rash & chiggers hurt like crazy too.

But now I'm home from the hospital, lucky I didn't hit my head any harder than I did. I might have a slight limp but they said therapy should work it out. I'm out 12 weeks, and I get my pins out in 6. I think the thing I learned most outa this expirience is that you gotta pay attention at all times, keep your eyes infront of you, that was my mistake, my balance was thrown off by looking back, I didn't realize how fast the front end was comming up. Yeah, I consider myself lucky. But keep it safe, ride on I'll be back soon >=)

Old 08-02-2005, 10:20 PM
Default RE: f4i Wrecked. =( (nasty pics)

This is an X-ray of my leg

Old 08-02-2005, 10:22 PM

Here's an X-ray of my foot, and some pics... the pics are very graphic, so be warned. (yes the pins are sticking out of the middle of my pinky toe.)

Old 08-02-2005, 10:23 PM

Warning -Graphic Foot Picture- !!!!

Old 08-03-2005, 01:47 AM

WTF!! MAN!! It's god to see you still alive bro! stay up and get well!!

Old 08-03-2005, 02:19 AM

Holy crap, how come you weren't wearing any gear?

Old 08-03-2005, 02:58 AM

maybe next time you wear some damn gear and quit being a squid....its guys like you that give the sport a bad name..but i am glad ur alive....some people never f***in learn..!!

Old 08-03-2005, 03:54 AM

03f4i, I was expecting a dick like your self to post such an ignorant reply. Hence the reason it took me so long to post on these forums. If you would take the time to read the story, mr perfect, you would see that I was hardly ****ing around, and it was an accident. Don't bother posting anything else in this thread, cause I could careless what you think. I wasn't wearing gear because I wasn't planning on trick riding, and it was about 110 degrees here. Thanks clean, appreciatei t. it'll take some time, but I'll be good soon.

Old 08-03-2005, 06:13 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Dress for the crash, not the ride.

and I could care less if you wear gear or not I just think people who don't wear a helmet are tools that darwinism will take out in time.

Old 08-03-2005, 06:41 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude -- you are fortunate to be alive. I know it sucked getting over the rash. Glad you're still with us -- how long til you can ride again?

Quick Reply: f4i Wrecked. =( (nasty pics)