Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

F4i and Kids

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4i and Kids

Ok im sure im not alone herewife is preggers w out first, as the old saying goes " omg your expecting, you'll have to sell the bike!" First off i bought my F4i in Nov of 07', wife became pregnant in Feb 08. She's totally for me NOT selling, after all its my toy my $ etc, i wanted to get a bike before we had kids, guess i made it in time . Ive heard guys who sell there rides A never get one again, and B sold em because they were instructed to LOL
Thoughts comments?

Old 05-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Banned
Default RE: F4i and Kids

Those men also have detachable ***** that are kept with their wives.

I think most of what you hear about are guys who probably made a bad financial decision to begin with, lol. If you have to sell something because of something else (short of a tragedy), you shouldn't have bought it in the first place.

I don't understand how some people, when a little bad luck presents itself, start selling off everything they love. Very few cases where selling answers your problems.

Just my .02

Old 05-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Banned

Put it this way, if selling your bike means you'll never have financial issues when it comes to your child, knock yourself out! Sounds like a good plan.

However, for the rest of the logical world, we know selling the bike isn't going to do that, you're always going to have financial issues (don't get me started on the Illuminati, lol) so it's pointless to sell something that ultimately, at best, only buys you time.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:11 PM

Sell the kid before you sell your bike.... j/k

I am in the same boat as you, my wife is pregnantbut she would never want me to sell my bike. And I would never give up riding because I am having a baby. I would much rather be the cool dad who rides than the queer dad who sold his bike and now dreams about it everynight.

If I were you I would keep it and if money gets tight and you really need it sell it than, not before.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:16 PM

yeah, I dont believe in selling crap off. I buy everything cash anyways, that way there isnt any financial problems. (also why I bought a 7yr old bike with only 1000miles on it)

as far as bikes and kids, make sure you are being fair to your child. your wife, she can get a job if she wants toys, the child should come first( to a point)

also, consider this. when I gave my wife her engagment ring, I went out and bought a bike like 2 wks later.(an old school chopper) I wasnt going to get married and not have a bike going into it.

then a few years later, when she told me she was pregnant, well, I went out and bought another bike.(an F4i). still had the first one too.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:23 PM
Banned

^^^

I like yer style!

Old 05-02-2008, 01:29 PM

I got 3 kids......Someone needs to wash the bike.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:40 PM

Yeah, I don't believe in selling anything that's paid for. It was cool, because once me SO and I found out that we were expecting, first thing she said was that I wasn't to sell anything to get money. Haven't had to and don't really plan to. Congrats!

Old 05-02-2008, 01:52 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Ever since I was young I have had friends/partners/family "instruct" me to sell my bike ... I have never let anyone put me off what is an integrel part of my life ... even some years ago when I was not fit enough to ride for over a year they said you will have to sell the bike now ... I didn't because I always knew I would get back on it ... also this saved me the trouble of sourcing another when the time came ... don't let anyone dictate what you can and can't have ... my pet hate is the classifieds when you see "wife/hubby/partner forces sale" ...I am like whaaaat?? ... do they have a gun to your head?? ... if someone says sell your bike then it's no ... just no!!

Jules

Old 05-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

+1000 Jules - best option - have a S o who has her own bike - like mine !

Quick Reply: F4i and Kids