Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

F YOU INSURANCE!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 11:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F YOU INSURANCE!

I think there is one bank i could go through here..Its if the loan is under 5k you dont need full coverage. I had liability on the F4I when i wrecked it.. Even tho it was toast and i couldnt ride it, i still paid the bank on time every time as if it were still running. That should say something to the bank.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:08 PM

Get a personal loan. Not an automotive loan.

If you get a personal loan to pay the bike off then its considered payed for. The bank wont have to hold the title till its payed for and you dont have to worry about what type of insurance you will need.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:09 PM

If that doesnt work, do you live with your parents? if so, see if one of them (if they have the ability to) can get you an unsecured loan, the bank just hands you cash on those, no need of title of bike, you just pay on the cash they handed you, no strings (aside from payments)

I had to get a $2600 loan for my bike, unsecured cuz the guy wouldnt come down to sign the title at the bank (yeah he was a jacka$$, was only like 30 miles away) You pay more on interest this way, but if it gets you what you need...
I'm required to pay 109 a month for the loan, but im paying at least 200 every month to kill the loan faster (lowers difference paid for interest the faster you pay it off)

I swear, us teens nowadays need more financial seminars than old people

Old 09-15-2008, 11:13 PM

I'm paying $135 on my loan and thats with crappy APR. GO TEAM NO CREDIT!

Old 09-15-2008, 11:34 PM

I pay about 125/mo with nationwide... esurance and progressive are about the same for me.. i was 20 when i bought it w same rates but geico wanted about what u were quoted.. depends a lot where u live and such just shop around a bit more

Old 09-15-2008, 11:45 PM

Geico "Saves you money buy switching to them................but with just liability"

Old 09-15-2008, 11:49 PM

Maybe a bike just isnt meant to be for me. My friend is selling a quad tho..maybe ill look into that..Atleast i can do something with that when it snows. maybe get a plow and make it usefull. and i could ride one of those without insurance..we have a way sick track about 2 miles from my house.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:52 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jdschmidt

Come to think of it..I have never checked state farm..I'll give them a look tomorrow.
The companies (Gieko and Progressive) that always claim "we can save you hundreds if you switch car insurance" always end up being SIGNIFICANTLY more than I'm already paying now.

Gieko wanted over $5000 a year for insurance. F**K OFF! (literally screamed that and hung up the phone)
Progressive wanted just over $2500. F**K YOURSELVES! (literally again, hung up the phone)

At this piont, I checked all insurance companies and was watching my bike slipping off into the distance. I checked everywhere BUT my own insurance company, which was State Farm, which at the time, I didn't bother checking because I'd figure they'd rape me flat out........

Nope.

$74.00 bucks a month for full coverage, $250 deductible AND I was only 22 at the time.

Seems like some companies talk all the crap, while others actually DO save you money without sputtering a word. Even when I got into the accident that killed Foxy 1, they were prompt and covered everything I wanted them to cover and had everything replaced and paid for in just about a month. Not bad.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:02 AM

Geico wanted 1,200/yr
Progressive wanted 850/yr
State farm wanted 212/yr

full coverage. consolidate your car insurance and you'll be surprised at what you get.

The reason why (i think) is because they insure by your bike's CC's and not the thrust to weight ratio.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:04 AM

foxy, how much did you insurance go up after the accident, if you don't mind me asking...

Quick Reply: F YOU INSURANCE!