Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

f**k motorcycle shops! (UPDATE #2)

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 08:58 PM
VP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: f**k motorcycle shops! (update!)

yeah based on what you've said so far you really are gonna have to be extra careful in the next few weeks... check into replacing theignition and make sure you keep an eye on it

Old 11-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Retired Moderator

Way to go Jay. If you called my mom, I would be busted, too. I am in shock about him having your bike at his residence. That sounds as shady as a willow tree! Word of mouth spreads like wildfire, and you should make sure to tell as many riders in the area your story. Even though it sounds like he is on his way out, maybe you can give him the death blow...just make sure you you penetrate him at the last momentso you can feelhis "death quiver"...[&:]

Old 11-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hahaha, voodoo..........you've always got a special way of wording everything!

oh, the reason he had my bike at his house was "to begin working on bikes out of his basement to get rid of overhead at the shop"

Old 11-17-2007, 10:33 PM

There's a lot of people who read here but don't post. Don't think there's only three people in your area on this forum! Say his name and say it loud! Over and over!!! Because then when an attorney google's his name for references and possible evidence, they'll get some good leads!

Old 12-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well, well, well.......

today i went to get my tires put on, at a much more reputable shop that a friend of mine works at. as soon as i got there, he told me how everyone that comes in his door is bitching and asking if he knows "Shane" (the guy that owns the shop that this post is originaly about). i mentioned that ALOT of peoples bikes are M.I.A. right now, or that they paid for parts and dont have them.

all i know, im glad i got my baby back!!!! im almost certain he had plans on keeping my bike, and the guy i know agreed. hahahaha, after the cops, and his momma called his ***.......i got my baby back!!!!!

theiving worthless no good pieces of ****.....

Old 12-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: jaynd

well, well, well.......

today i went to get my tires put on, at a much more reputable shop that a friend of mine works at. as soon as i got there, he told me how everyone that comes in his door is bitching and asking if he knows "Shane" (the guy that owns the shop that this post is originaly about). i mentioned that ALOT of peoples bikes are M.I.A. right now, or that they paid for parts and dont have them.

all i know, im glad i got my baby back!!!! im almost certain he had plans on keeping my bike, and the guy i know agreed. hahahaha, after the cops, and his momma called his ***.......i got my baby back!!!!!

theiving worthless no good pieces of ****.....
Wow... damn J, glad he didn't run off with your baby. That would totally suck!! It's a good thing you were smart enough to figure him out when you did and not put up with his BS, and able to get it back finally. I'm sure you're quite relieved! Live and learn.... karma is a bitch, he'll get his

Old 12-03-2007, 09:50 PM
Default RE: f**k motorcycle shops!

I lucked out when it came to motorcycle shops. My frist experience was what I expected but not bad. Just expensive. When I bought my first bike I was suppose to get a new front tire because it was dry rotted. I paid $100 for the tire and $60 to have it put on. Dropped it off before closing and had it ready the next day.

2nd experience I got a new rear and the place was awesome. $100 for the rear($160 from Cyclegear) and $30 to put it on. I came in that day 1hour before closing and they had it on in no time.

Then I had a Clutch disaster. I was told X amount and when they finished it was X amount plus expenses that I didn't know were associated with clutches until they handed me the bill.

Finally I found a great guy. He use to race motorcycles starting back in the early 90s racing F2s and F3s(Which is what I have). He normally does racebike suspension and motors but have been getting into service work. He is straight forward and hooks me up fairly decent since I've been a good customer. Now I go to him for anything. For the Georgia People it's "Livengood Motorsports" in Loganville. He's been nothing but good.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:26 PM
Banned

I guess I am one of the lucky ones too.

1. 1st set of tires. In and out in less than 45min. would of been faster but the tech was on lunch.
2. 16k service. Dropped off before closing. Picked up next day before closing.
3. Chain replacement. 1hr wait.
4. Every tire I have had replaced since then has been performed while I waited. All within an hour.

This thread has really made me start appreciating the service I get here locally.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:50 PM

wow, im notsure what to say is just get the manual also, been trying to find the '88 CBR1000F...cant find one in town lol, wanna get a book not a PDF format..digital is nice, but i still perferr the hard cover not 1 and 0 in this.

Old 12-04-2007, 02:26 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been really fortunate, I do ALL my own stuff from general maintenance to engine removal. So, my only experience with stealerships is having them mount and balance a tire. Like someone said earlier, with some sockets and allen wrenches, you can do just about anythingon yourbike. Hey jaynd, glad to hear that you got your bike back though! It sure sounded likethe guyhad other plans for it. I am actually in your area (Hunnington and Solomons Island) quite often because I enjoy cruising Route 4... gotta love those rolling hills!!! I'm actually located in DC but like to get out of town. I agree with you, there really isn't a whole lot for shops in your area down there. Where is/was this shop located? I had a break down in Hunnington one time (o-ring failed and leaked majority of oil) and went to a shop therewho didn't have much of anything. I had to go to the Autozone in Hunnington to get oil and an o-ring with the closest fit to limp back to DC.

Quick Reply: f**k motorcycle shops! (UPDATE #2)