Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

F&$*ing dealers!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 11:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F&$*ing dealers!!

so I brought my 06 in for its 16k tune up this past weekend and had the valves adjusted, plugs changed, oil and filter done. and when they got done they had a problem with the idol adjust.. seems after all the work it wanted to idol at 3k rpm. so they tell me they had to order a new adjuster cable.. no problem right?? Wrong. I got it back after being without the bike all weekend and the FI light came on the second I started it..
I turn the bike off walk into the shop with the What gives question.
I got this well yeah the mechanic told me it turned on.... so I said and you didn't bother to tell me or question it?? he says well you got some extra wiring going on in the bike so we might not be able to warranty it....What?? first off the only extra wiring I have is my led kit and its not hooked up to anything that goes to the FI.. Second it had no problem before I brought it in.
so I got to bring the bike back Thurs and have them fix whatever is wrong.
I am so pissed off this is going to get ugly.. the GM wanted to sponsor our club cause he has seen a lot of people starting to attend the bike night that we started and it has grown pretty good. well needless to say I think some heads are going to roll. and he only wants to sponsor us to get our business..... lets see what happens next.[/align]__________________
[/align]

Old 08-21-2007, 11:26 PM
Default RE: F&$*ing dealers!!

Hopefully the problem will be resolved, If it's not you should contact the DMV. If its t
he same as NY, they can cause the most grief to aany repair shop. you will most likely
get your money back and be able to take it to a different shop.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:04 AM

I got the work done on the PCMP (prefered, Customer, Maintenence, Progam) paid for 3 years of maintenence when I bought the bike. regreting it now.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:45 AM

It's probably a simple fix. My guess is they forgot to plug in a connector somewhere along the line. Still rediculous that they knew about it but were going to give it back to you in that condition.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:48 AM

i think heads would have already rolled if it were me.

Old 08-22-2007, 03:23 AM

I had that same kind of problem with my 4wheeler when I had a service plan like that. They don't give a rats *** what gets done or if it gets done.

Old 08-22-2007, 06:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I always get a little jittery when its time to get something done. Even a simple task like a new tyre can have your rims being totally rooted. It seems that they put a lot of trust into the younger guys working there for a lot of the stuff & I don't think their big on supervision. I've posted this story before, but last time I had my bike serviced by a dealer (major one by the way), they did a pretty good job, bike ran really well etc. Just as I was about to ride off, I noticed the right rear decal looked at tad less than it should. OK here where it gets scary, they like to give the bikes back with a wash, (nothing wrong there, cept I like to do that myself so water don't go where it shouldn't) So the service guy says "Oh must have come off when they hit it with the high pressure water spray"!! Ok they replaced it (after hassling them for weeks) I left there praying that they had not got to the wheel bearings or any where else that mattered. Any place that thinks its ok to wash a bloody bike with high pressure ain't getting my return business

Old 08-22-2007, 06:42 AM

That sucks man, i would be pissed. Last time my bike saw the dealer for tires, it took almost 2 weeks for me to get it back, after the appointment date. I pay for it, they bring my bike around. I get out my digital psi guage to check my pressure before i take off, and what do ya know they didn't even put the right tires i ordered on. Some dealerships seem clueless.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:03 AM

ORIGINAL: formulafire99

They don't give a rats *** what gets done or if it gets done.
sounds about like the guys at the Honda dealer here. they've got some good mechanics and some nice bikes (of course) but they just act like they don't give a damn. every time i come in with a question, they treat me like i'm some sort of idiot and they're real smart-asses about it. they act like i should already know the answer, even though i don't repair motorcycles for a living. i've only got 3,000 miles on my 929 so i'm a ways off from the 16,000 mile service, but i'm dreading it already.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:53 AM

yea i am dreading it my ext oild change will have to include it im up around 13,662 now so ill be there by the end of the summer im definately not excited but the guys down here at honda of farifield take good care of you they are farely quick and if the mess something up the fess up to it the scratched the hell out of my frt rim and they paid to have it fixed so hopefully everything goes ok.

Quick Reply: F&$*ing dealers!!