Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The eye doctor...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The eye doctor...

I just wanted to rant for a minute...

I hate the eye doctor. It is such a traumatic experience for me...I hate the eye doctor (did I already say that)? At my dr's office, you have to have a couple of tests before you see the doctor. In the first one, I have to look into this machine that has a picture of a hot air baloon in the horizon at the end of a country road. It goes through several levels of blurry and then theymove to theother eye. The next machine gives me nightmares. It shoots a puff of air intoeach eyeball. You know how you have recurring dreams? Well, I have that one where I can't run...and this eye puff machine is chasing me towards a cliff. I think they do that test, just to make you jump (which I do everytime). Then, I am led to the "chair". I hate that part, too. I feel like I am having a lie dector test. He asks me if I can read the line at the bottom of the chart...uhhhh...a?...X?...M?...what if I get one wrong? F_CK! Then he puts that medieval torture device looking thingy on my face and continues to grill me. Does this one look better...or this one...and this one...how about that one? I am afraid to ask him too many times to try the options again. ****...what if he prescribes me cokebottles instead of reading glasses? I hate the eye doctor. Finally I am done and the stress is over. I get to go home now. I go to the cashier lady and pay my co-pay, and the doctor brings me some disposable sunglasses because my eyes are dilated. Now these are babe layers, I'm telling you. If you ever wanted to feel like a dick, you should pick up a pair. Fortunately, I only have to drive through 5 o'clock traffic in my work truck with these sons-a-bitches on, unless I want to experience the sun as if it were three inches from my cornia. Stupid dumb crap. I hate the eye doctor. Don't even get me started on the dentist!

Old 04-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Banned
Default RE: The eye doctor...

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

I feel like I am having a lie dector test... what if I get one wrong?
ROFLMAO!!!

Thanks man - perfect timing, lol.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha i havent been in a while but i know EXACTLY what you're talking about.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:11 PM

Why does it shoot a puff of air into your eyes?
Bring your own sun glasses??

Old 04-10-2008, 08:13 PM

got great eyes, never had a problem.. dont go.. doctors other than general physicians creep me out..

i feel for ya man..

Old 04-10-2008, 08:17 PM

I stepped on my girlfriends glasses not too long ago. she had to get a new prescription, so she got her eyes dialated, i kept messing with her lol.

Your story is too funy though i laughed the whole time ! I can read the bottom lines, never had any eye trouble. Dentists are like spiders, the only two things i really hate.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:22 PM

I went to the eye dr a couple of weeks ago. I'm so blind, I couldn't read the first line!! On the bright side, he said my eyes were healthy. I hate that puff test with a passion.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:22 PM
Banned

I gotta be honest- I've always liked the eye candy at The Spec Shop. Been going there for years and all the receptionists are hot and 2 of the 3 doctors are hawt as hell, and the other guy is a cool cat. Lucky bastard.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:25 PM

To funny, as I was reading this post to my wife she is sitting here nodding in aggreement, then she says wait thats it. but you didnt talk about the dialation part, where it feels like they are reaching in your head through your eyeball holes(as she puts it), and then they hit you with that extra nice price tag for new glasses.....hey here is a big EFPTO ZLPED for you....

Old 04-10-2008, 08:30 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

I gotta be honest- I've always liked the eye candy at The Spec Shop. Been going there for years and all the receptionists are hot and 2 of the 3 doctors are hawt as hell...
Well, I must have needed the correction because at first the nurse gal looked like this:

After I got the lenses in, she looked like this:

Quick Reply: The eye doctor...