Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Exactly why i dont respect cops!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 09:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exactly why i dont respect cops!

Just like the title says, and i could care less what anybody has to say to change my mind:

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/ne...asleep/345058/

Accidently went off????? thats bullsh*t, a gun does not accidently go off in your hands! a 7 year old girl??? and that house was not the house where the suspect was! Dumb *** cop wit a dumb *** department, they need to get back in the classroom and learn proper weapon handeling techniques. What if this was a cop who burst into my home unannounced and my pistol "went off"???? I would be charged with 1st degree murder! That is straight up bullsh*t, and hes on leave wit pay..... If your a police officer here im sorry but now you look alot worse in my eyes and there is nothing u can do to change that. My daughter is 6 and if this happened in my home i would be lying covered on the floor wit tape around me cuz i would take justice in my own hands in my own house becuz lord knows justice wont be served in this case! im sorry but this is bullsh*t!!!!

Old 05-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, if you don't care what others think, why put it up for comment ?

Nobody likes to hear of a child being hurt, no matter what the circumstances.
I'm sure the policeman will have to live the rest of his life with what happened, no matter what the cause was.
But I don't think you can brand an entire Police force, because of the actions of one person.
But then you don't want to hear my views...........

Old 05-17-2010, 10:39 AM

horrible situation....all i can think of is my daugter and how you would have to shoot me as well...but not every cop deserves hell for this one.....hate hearin bad stuff that happens to kids...i feel yer pain pimpin......

Old 05-17-2010, 10:44 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unless the guy is a complete sociopath, he already has his Hell. This isn't a "shot the wrong suspect" or "the kid had a toy that looked like a gun" situation. He'll know he ****ed up and ended a child's life.

He's prolly done in law enforcement regardless of what the dept finds. Prolly done with guns too.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To brand an entire population based on chosen profession -- just as sex, race, or religion -- is plain ignorant. This is a horrible story, and if the officer is any kind of man he is living a personal hell right now... but to make a blanket statement about police based on incidents/outcomes, which are greatly in the minority of all police interaction, is small-minded to say the least.

Grow up and take the cop-hating elsewhere, imo.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:13 PM
BDT

I can't stand the number of cop hating threads these days. You'll never hear stories in the media about the good deeds police officers do, but you'll certainly hear about all the bad things. You're being manipulated by the media to hate the police and if you're silly enough to fall for it and label them all corrupt, ignorant, or as**oles then so be it but I'm certainly not on your side.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:57 PM

First off this is a terrible thing that happened. Secondly hating all LEOs because of this guys screw up I personally think is incorrect. However, not sure how many people here has actually done breaching (clearing a room) with live ammunition. But it is scary as hell especially if you are clearing it out by yourself. On the other hand this guy knows he messed up big time. Knowing you killed someone innocent much less a child. I'm sure his life is a little unbearable at the moment. No, it doesn't help that a little girl is dead, and I am more than sure that there is ALOT more to this story that we don't know. But don't hate because someone is human and frucked up big time. I'm sure this guy didn't mean to kill a little girl should be serve in prison? I say it depends on his intent, how wreck-less he was and if he did what he was taught to do which apparently he did not. Let a jury decide his fate. But as chuckbear said
Originally Posted by chuckbear
"
To brand an entire population based on chosen profession -- just as sex, race, or religion -- is plain ignorant."

Old 05-17-2010, 04:18 PM

Thought cops can't raid places with kids present? From the link i don't see how the gun would go off when he "bump" the lady, pretty messed up though. Cop probably is dieing inside from what happen though.

Old 05-17-2010, 04:29 PM

finger covers trigger, adrenalin rush= extra strength. 7 pound trigger feels like a feather, nervous cop bumps into or thinks he see something weapon goes off. Now this breaks the cardinal rule of having your finger on the trigger, but it happens all to often.

Last edited by bubba_finch07; 05-17-2010 at 04:34 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:57 PM

just like the cop that shot himself and blamed it on a black man. the reason i dislike cops is cuz u got the f*cked up ones who do the dirt and the good ones that cover the dirt......

Quick Reply: Exactly why i dont respect cops!