Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

EVERY new rider should see this...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 04:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy EVERY new rider should see this...

Okay, not all new riders are ready for this... some seasoned veterans won't be either... but I think if you are going to drape your leg over that beautiful woman you call a motorcycle. (whether it's a Honda, Kawasaki, Harley, what ever it is) you need to think EVERY single time. Wrecks happen every day, be focused, stay focused, and always use what I call 'rider radar' (look 12 second in front of you, pay attention and ready to quick stop for objects/debris 2-4 seconds in front of you.)

Now, whether this is against the forum rules or not, PLEASE delete the post admins, and think nothing of it, I apologize, however, I believe all of us need to realize the kind of danger we put ourselves in when we start that bike up and go for a ride. The web-link I will post is VERY, graphic towards the bottom. It is not for weak-stomachs, but IT IS for serious riders. The top of the page is not bad, and the lower you go, the worse it gets... so feel free to do as you wish with it.

I pray that everybody who sees this website will be cautious as possible. The images I've seen cannot be erased from my head, and will not ruin my ambition for riding, even though I'm still new... HOWEVER, we all need to realize the true danger, as I said... It's not really an off-topic post, but it IS a post that I couldn't find a section for. Rest In Peace to all motorcyclists and motorcycles on this website I am about to present, again, please don't go to the bottom if you cannot handle graphic images of what happens when you don't wear gear in a crash.

http://www.ride2die.com

Thank you all, I just want to make sure people are safe...

KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN GUYS!

- - - Goloth

and at the request of CBRfenatic93

This is his forum on why you should wear gear

https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/dont-want-wear-gear-can-you-104846/

Last edited by Goloth; 05-17-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:31 AM

Hmmmmm, not sure that this sort of thing helps. It's the sort of stuff that my Mum would direct me to because that's how she sees biking - there can be no other outcome as far as she's concerned.

As for me, I'm fully aware of the dangers of biking and try to stay safe at all times. I have tried to raise my son's awareness of these dangers as he discusses the idea of buying himself a motorbike. But showing him this website wouldn't make him a better or more careful rider. I'd rather invest time in convincing him to read a Police Riding book or maybe attend a Rider Awareness scheme or an Advanced Rider course.

To me, Ride2Die could be Fly2Die or Drive2Die, Cycle2Die or Ski2Die, etc, etc, etc.

Tom.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:38 AM

I suppose, it depends really on your point of view on riding, I used to love to ride at high speeds on my CBR, after going through that page I really feel like taking it easy and going for cruises in town, rather than being a retarded speed demon. I just think that it would help some people out personally.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:13 AM

That is more to deter people from riding in my opinion. Check out the name of the site how they leave the message at the end "A large number of human organs come from motorcycle riders every day
Do the right thing! Get your Organ Donor decal today"

Old 05-17-2010, 08:31 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

SAFE RIDING IS A MUST Always wear the appropriate gear....

people look at motorcycles and think death but they couldn't be more blind because deadly car accidents happen more than motorcycle i realize this statistic is like comparing apples to oranges because there are so many more cars on the road.... reason i say it though it motorcycles and cars need to be used responsibly.... people think that motorcycles arent safe... which ill admit yes they are dangerous but so is driving a car... and having the mentality that you are safer just because your in a car is WRONG and puts you and everyone around you at more of a risk...

Old 05-17-2010, 09:04 AM

Wearing gear doesnt mean your protected, just means u stand a better chance......gettin hit by a car and run over then drug?......yeah ok ur jacket will save ur life.....

Old 05-17-2010, 09:05 AM

Wearing gear doesnt mean your protected, just means u stand a better chance......gettin hit by a car and run over then drug?......yeah ok ur jacket will save ur life..... u take a extremely big risk when riding on public streets...accept it or leave it...

Old 05-17-2010, 09:08 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by pimpncbr954s
Wearing gear doesnt mean your protected, just means u stand a better chance......gettin hit by a car and run over then drug?......yeah ok ur jacket will save ur life.....
I dont beleive after RE-reading the posts anyone ever mentioned gear making a person "protected"...

as for your jacket not saving your life no not in a situation such as that but there are others where yes it will, things all they way down to wearing gloves CAN save your life...

Last edited by __Z__; 05-17-2010 at 09:12 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:23 AM

I think he's referring to the fact that the 2die site contains many warnings about wearing protective gear.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I created a thread just like this a bit ago to show why you should wear gear. https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104846

Feel free to put it in your first post goloth.

Be safe

Quick Reply: EVERY new rider should see this...