Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

ever have a bad day???

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 03:34 AM
Mad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ever have a bad day???

OK I had a bad day... Being taunted by drivers, tailgated and harassed, I'd had enough.

I was doing the speed limit and a BMW decided to ride my ***. I admit I was in the fast lane doing 75, which is slow in San Diego. I moved over a lane to let him pass but he taunted other drivers. He was swerving in and out of traffic trying to get around. Me, I am still doing 75 but still a car length behind this a$$h0le. Lanes open up and I hit it. This would be the fastest I have ever ridden. I easily hit 110 but I feel guilty about it. I've got kids... This is truly stupid...

I get off the freeway to see what Hollywood Video has to offer. I get a comedy and I am on my way home but get harassed. Oh come on!!! WTF!!! Some guy in a Grand Prix... He took off but I decided OK I'll play; it's been that kind of day. I pass him before I hit 4th. Whatever!!!

I get back on the freeway and I slow down, relax and decide to get in the slow lane. Damn I get cut off... Ok ok!!! I am ok, I breathe and then I notice a Semi ahead of me getting ready to merge. My exit is coming up. Mind you I am in the slow lane and he is merging. I did probably the stupidest thing to date. I passed him on the shoulder (right). Damn I feel stupid.

I've learned my lesson. I decided to take a ride later that day to relax and ride for myself. Lesson learned, ride for myself and don't let the a$$h0les affect my decisions because they could be my last. Ride safe!!!

Anyone ever had a bad day?

Old 08-18-2006, 04:06 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: ever have a bad day???

yep been there .. today wasnt too bad but i hate cagers on cell phones ! they are the stupidiest ppl out there . and usually they are the ones who drive the most wreckless i got cut off twice by 2 different cars with female drivers on their cell phones. then later one of teh cars slows down and trys talking to me (grant it she was cute but wtf) then later in the day i get this guy on a harley next to me and im like, "whats up ? " and he is kinda ignoring me im like whatever then he tries to race me ! im like oh no , so i DS and beat him (yea i know stupid me) but this is the 1st time ive ever raced anything since i got my bike so i feel like im allowed 1 lol. anyways bro yea i feel your frustration . oh also after i got lunch i was riding back to work and this old guy on a ducatti pulls up next to me and he looks old enough to be my dad (my dad does ride though i always catch him trying to steal my bike) and im like nice bike he says thanks i sold my busa to get this. i was just like wow and then the light turns green and he is gone . that was my day how was everyone elses ?

Old 08-18-2006, 04:25 AM

Ive been finding that riding at nite..before bedtime is the most rewarding part of my day.The traffic is gone and for the most part the roads are clear.OOOHHMMMMM...LOL...jsut back in from a late nite tripper.

Got pulled over by 3 locals(one of which was the local HOTTIE) for doin a Moto GP left turn onto Main Street...Zemke would of been proud.They were all right in a the lot and as soon as i was upright alll 3 of them hit the lights.I pulled over right away so i guess that kinda ended their fun...LOL...bastards prolly thought i was gonna run...so they ask me what i was thinkin...i tell em....get this....."I was coming into the turn pretty hot so i had to lean to cut down the angle"The oldest one says....good thinkin..the chick is laffing.....and the other my aged cop seems non impressed..asked me the usual...have i been drinkin i told em that was the stupidest thing id ever heard...drinkin and riding.....long story short...they told me have a good nite...had my license and ins card so ...let me go...the female cop ...just left....KIDDING....

Old 08-18-2006, 04:54 AM

I've had rides like that too where every A hole IS out to get you. Just last week, on saturday, I went out for a really long ride and was coming back home at like 10 at night. Two lane twisty fun road through hills and fast speed. I'm going the speed limit, 50, as there are lots of deer and critters and of course being late at night. No other cars. All of the sudden I see my shadow in someone else's headlights. They were haulin' big time and were riding my butt like no other. I got absolutely sick of it and just looked back at them like WTF? They were too scared to pass on twisties too. So anyway, the last twisties come up and I decide to lose them...for a while. It's a really really slow series of sharp turns downhill where just last week I went through and a harley rider didn't make it, EMS and all were there...looked pretty bad. So I blast through it right then a fast left and I'm like 100 yards in front. They couldn't even hand in the POS old blazer. So, they passed me in the straight which was fine and they didn't get anywhere because they came up behind another car. I stayed behind them at a safe distance, since I think they were drunk, and left my brights on the whole time. It was gratifying. I hate people sometimes.

Old 08-18-2006, 05:21 AM

Man I will tell you what.....Everytime I drive or ride anywhere, all the idiot drivers and retarded a$$holes come out of the wood work. I told my GF the other day that I am pretty sure they search for me when I drive and she finally noticed what i was talking about. They were Freakin everywhere. Whole bunch of idiot drivers all over the place and it seemed like I ran across every one of them.

I get major pissed on the road these days because of all the idiots.

Old 08-18-2006, 10:04 PM

last week i got 4 tickets in 2 days. they were 37mph over, passing in no passing zone, no turn signal, and for where my plate is mounted on the swingarm. this was three different cops at three different times. i keep askin myself why i didnt twist my wrist and run. what i can tell you is that i now avoid that town wich is about 10 miles from my house. sucks cause theres alot of good twisty roads on the outskirts but im in enough trouble the way it is with my cdl. my boss would kill me if he knew.

Old 08-18-2006, 10:39 PM

Sorry to say it bro but it sounds like you brought a lot of it on yourself. I mean, how can you bitch about having a "bad day" when you readily admit that you're passing semi's on the shoulder, toying around with a guy in a Grand Prix (you shoulda let him go when he took off) and riding 75 in the fast lane (but proceeding to reach 110 shortly thereafter)?

You said it yourself, you made some stupid moves. Everyone has bad days but your's seems self-inflicted. You've gotta leave your attitude in the garage before you got onto that bike or you may not make it home one night.

Ride safe(r).

Old 08-18-2006, 11:38 PM
Mad

Your right I should've used my head. Thanks....

Old 08-19-2006, 02:13 AM

Hell you think people cant drive in the states come down to pueto rico its MUCH worst no body can drive here i havent seen one good driver not one everybody is an idiot it makes the states seem like heaven for riding or driving[sm=rant.gif]

Old 08-19-2006, 07:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that everyone that rides a bike has a story, In fact I think that anyone that uses the road has a story about some dick head or other.
I ride down a major freeway quite often, sure I can take a backroad, but I'm as usual, running late. I like to cruise at just above the speed limit, keep a head of the slower traffic..
So tell my why that every moron has to get in front, (that in itself is no problem) But then they slow down again, (below the speed I'm travelling at). It's like, See bike, must pass. And then they get bent out of shape that you dare to pass them! (I'm not talking about Joe Cool in his hotted up what ever either, just your average tin top).
Actually one of my favs to do is, as they try to pass you (on a 3 laner) is match their speed, slowly increasing it as they do. Relaxed body language, no eye contact. It's interesting to see just how fast their willing to take it. I've actually seen one guy rocking backwards & forwards in his seat, like a maniac, trying to will his car to go faster. classic.