Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ever been to a cruiser bike rally?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've ridden about everything there is to ride and am happy with my choices. Generally ride alone. There have only been a handful of people I've gone on rides with. And on those instances we all knew the rulez ... ride within your own abilities and don't do anything stupid.

Back in my Busa daze I rode a lot with a friend who raced semi-pro. He could wax me pretty regularly on the track (face it, a turbo Busa is not as conducive to a track as a Gixxer 1K ) but on the street I owned his azz. If road atlanta had a bit longer straight I would have done a lot better on the track .

Now that I'm on a "cruiser" and a Hardley Able-to-run to boot, I still only ride with a select few who know the rulez. And I let them do their thing and I do mine. Hey, it's comfortable as hell and after a nice ride with the wifey she's ready to go

Ya, I got the jacket and the boots (in my defense they were gifts from my wife ... I was still wearing my Busa leathers on the Harley til she gave me the HD stuff) but I'm still into the sportbikes. Being from both worlds it's interesting to hear both sides bash the other. In a perfect world (with a bigger garage) I'd have 10 bikes to choose from on any given day.