Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ever been to a cruiser bike rally?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever been to a cruiser bike rally?

This weekend theres a motorcycle rally held in Red River, NM. Its actually a pretty big deal and a lot of bikers go there and its about 90 minutes from where I live. Hundreds and hundreds of bikers go. Someone asked me if I was going and I said nah, .."its a just an ape-hanger convention".

Whats wrong with me? Why wouldnt I want to go rub elbows with other bikers? Should it really matter that I might be the only inline four bike in the whole town, and the only guy wearing a helmet in the entire county?
Would I be a poser if I bought a bandana just for the occasion? At what age is it too late to take up beer drinking as a sign of manhood?

I have mixed feelings about it, especially since nobody I know is going. So I wondered if any of yall' have ever went to a biker rally. a.k.a. a cruiser TWIN rally.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I shoot on one of a local poolhall/bar's pool league teams. We are a beer-drinking team with a pool problem, and it shows.

the bar had a bike nite the other week and I showed up on the F2 - knowing mostly it was going to be cruisers and one of the local chopper club's members.

I rolled up and there's about 40 bikes, almost all harleys, a couple metric cruisers, one R6, and the bar owner's big BMW tourer.

Before I was off my bike 3 of the leather vest crowd had walked over to me and immediately told me they liked the bike and started asking me questions. One of the guys apparently passes me all the time and commented that I always give "the wave" back.

We drank beer, shot pool and ate free hamburgers for several hours.

Life could be a lot worse.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just outside of town here every Friday 13th there is a huge meet up of all and every bike usually over 50,000 motorcycles and they close down a lakefront town with a population of 6,000 and have road blocks set up some only bikes are allowed into town and cars get re-routed to a parking lot outside of town and have to walk in and it was my 1st year this year and it was awesome, but majority cruisers.

Name:  100_7236.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  146.0 KB

Name:  100_7241.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  198.8 KB

Name:  100_7228.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  161.7 KB

Name:  100_7227.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  140.8 KB

Name:  100_7224.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  149.5 KB

Old 05-28-2011, 12:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffjones

That is pretty bada$$.

I bet puddles are a pain for the passanger. lol

Old 05-28-2011, 08:52 AM

went to a harley rally on austria in 08 and 09. It was fun. No problem going there with sport bikes

Old 05-28-2011, 08:56 AM

Hell we got Rolling Thunder here this weekend!!

I am not going though hah.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

if you show up with the whole "i'm on a real bike, not some stupid harley" "i actually wear gear you squids" and "how dare you drink one beer" attitude - you will have a bad time and probably won't meet/make any friends

if you show up there prepared to have a good time, shoot the breeze with some fellow bikers (because hey - they're on two wheels too), eat over-priced some fatty food, listen to a decent band play some classic rock, then it'll be a blast.

i'm tired of people thinking they're so much better than the other guy because of what they ride..... and that they can't associate with others

god, its almost as stupid as the azzhats that think they're better and faster because they ride on the most expensive tires that you can, have the most expensive gear, and only use name brand equipement, etc.

harley guys are a lot easier to get along with than you think - epsecially considering that nowadays most of the harley guys are doctors, lawyers, contractors etc.

get off your high horse, and i'm pretty sure you wouldn't be the only I4 bike there. at harley bike nights at the harley davidson dealership, im just one of many I4's there.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:24 AM

I think what I really need to do is to get off my butt and go to a major race, like MotoGP. I have seen pictures and heard most people who go to a MotoGP race try to get there by bike. Laguna is too far away and so is Indy ..but they are building a track in Texas right now that I think is already signed to host a MotoGP race. It would be wild to see an ocean of sportbikes in the parking lot.

Cruiser rally's are probably fine too, but really, thats a whole different lifestyle choice. I like the pictures posted (above) showing a rally. It reminds me too that cruiser bikers have just as much a 'uniform' thing happening as sportbikers do. Practically a dress code. Theres a reason cruisers do not think they need a helmet, just like theres a reason sportbike riders think there is! Sportbikers might have more in common with MX riders than cruiser lifestyle people, no? As far as the attitude goes I mean. If sport riders are sometimes called Power Rangers, then what does that make cruisers? Grizzly Adams on Two Wheels? Pot Belly Lightening? Harley Davidson Logo Team 6 ??

I dunno. But I'm for sure hitting the MotoGP race in TX whenever it gets there.

p.s. I dont have anything against cruisers at all. They are people like everyone else. I have absolutely no reason to be down on them.

Last edited by motorcycle5; 05-28-2011 at 10:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Ever been to a cruiser bike rally?