Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Equal Justice?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 10:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Equal Justice?

Mary Winkler is out of jail. She served 67 days after her conviction for shooting her husband in the back as he lay in bed and killing him. Now she’ll go back to work at the dry cleaners in McMinnville, Tennessee, and seek to regain custody of her children.
Meanwhile, Will Foster was sentenced to 93 years for using marijuana to relieve the pain of his acute rheumatoid arthritis. An appeals court reduced the sentence to 20 years, and Gov. Frank Keating made him serve more than four years before granting him parole.
A few miles from Mary Winkler in Tennessee, 57-year-old Bernie Ellis has been confined for the past 18 months to a halfway house. His crime? Growing marijuana to treat a degenerative condition in his hips and spine. A public health epidemiologist specializing in substance abuse, he also provided pot to some other sick people. 10 officers of the Tennessee Marijuana Eradication Task Force swooped in to put a stop to that, and to try to seize his farm as well.
In a more just world,Tennessee would set up aMurder Eradication Task Force, leave Bernie Ellis alone, and give Mary Winkler a tad more than 67 days for shooting her husband to death.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Equal Justice?

You gotta be careful with weed though, it can kill. Oh wait, I don't believe that there is a single recorded death due to maryjane. I watched the special on that gal and I can't believe that she doesn't at least have to serve a year. I dunno, drug penalties are just redicules most the time.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:44 AM

How the FU%K does she spend only 67 days in prison for murder!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-16-2007, 11:03 AM

Welcome to Soviet America.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:34 AM

Death by munchies, I can think of worse ways to go.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:17 PM

Hey can I have some?? I'm sick too... I have.. ummm.... hhmmm.... I need it for my ADD alright!!![sm=massbounce.gif]

Old 08-16-2007, 12:44 PM

Wow! Talk about having judicious priorities out of wack! I guess I'm used to the laws being some what more liberal.

A few years ago there was talk of restructuring the law in regaurds to driving while under the influence of marijuana. I don't remember all the detials. In the midst of all this Discovery Channel Can. answered by conducting an experiment where by they gathered several groups of people and left some of them sober, got some of them high on marijuana, and had some marginally over the legal alcohol limit. They set up a closed course with several different driving tests, like parallel parking, a slalom course, ect. Sure, this little test wasn't exact science by any means, but the results where conclusive. The stoned people blew everyone else away. When asked why they had preformed so well, they explained that they felt very relaxed, and where better able to consentrate at the task at hand. Maybe the task force should distribute the confiscated pot to those feelling murderous. Then they too may feel very relaxed. Just a thought.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:58 PM

Ok boys. Where do you think you live? In a free country? Not for a moment. Freedom of speech will not be tolerated in this country. Your words of sedition will not go unpunished. You seek to divide this country, and destroy the very foundation of our great nation. Those who uphold the laws of this country must remain steadfast, they must remain determined, but most of all they must remain united. Those who speak out against our great nation will be prosecuted as terrorists without lienancy or exception. Justice to those who oppose our current laws will be swift, it will be righteous and it will be without mercy.

Welcome, to The United States of the Government

Old 08-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i remember a few months back here in sacramento and older gentleman shot a burglar in the stomach with a .22 rifle (he awoke to find the man inside his home), the burglar i believed died, and the home owner was arrested... the same night a off duty cop (female) came home to find a burglar in her bedroom she shot and killed the man (was never charged)...where's the equal justice?

Old 08-16-2007, 01:22 PM

I didnt read the post, but I say BullSh!t to the title.

Quick Reply: Equal Justice?