Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Epic Exhaust fail!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Epic Exhaust fail!

So im on a ride today with a good buddy of mine and we are haulin a$$ through some good roads. All of a sudden my bike has a very different tone. I look to my right and my exhaust is dragging on the ground. So i pull over and its hanging by a few threads of the baffleing. I rip it off and drop it next to some old ladys house and tell her ill be back tomorrow to pick it up. Thw whole ride home my bike sounded beastly! lol i love the low rpm notes but the high gets annyoing.

The best thing to come of this is my wife gave me the go ahead to look for a new bike. She is sick of me working on this one and it still falling apart. Literally. So im going to see if i can get a shop to weld it on so it will become quiet again cause they wont let me ride on base with it being so loud . Jets can take off but i cant ride it on base . whatever. So heres hoping i can get financed for a bike!!!

Old 04-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lol! I just turned the living room into a parts store / mini garage and my girl found the incentive for me to buy a new bike. Bouncing off the walls waiting for the title right now to come in

But no parts have fallen off yet. If they did, I think my gf would be so scared with me riding it she'd finance a new BMW s1000rr

Old 04-09-2010, 11:33 PM
Administrator - Retired

LMAO!! That exhaust failed like a champ... LOL..

Old 04-09-2010, 11:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

f2 cant stop, wont stop, dont stop.

Old 04-10-2010, 01:22 AM
Administrator - Retired

Exhaust fail?
Hell no.... that's just a ghetto shorty....

Old 04-10-2010, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by halffast1g
f2 cant stop, wont stop, dont stop.
haha when it fell off i laughed and started the bike up and my friend was like OOOOOOOHAHAHA. I love my ghetto shorty but i dont think ill be able to ride it on base. Ima try though but itll be funny to see what a colonel thinks when i ride past his house at 3am coming to work. lol

Old 04-10-2010, 06:20 AM

you could just drill it and rivet it back on there, as long as it will fit back over the flange
I haven't rode mine like that but while doing some mods to my can, I couldn't resist starting it while it was off

Old 04-10-2010, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy Dodge
you could just drill it and rivet it back on there, as long as it will fit back over the flange
I haven't rode mine like that but while doing some mods to my can, I couldn't resist starting it while it was off

Im actually going to take it to a muffler shop and ask em to weld it so i can ride on base. lol I just need it quieter! Which is sad : (

Old 04-10-2010, 06:53 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

little bit of duct tape and you're g2g

Old 04-10-2010, 07:51 AM

with out a hanger bracket on the can, it was bound to fail. those little rivets that hold the can together cant hold it all together. if it cant be welded, try and put it back together and use sheet metal screws, also pick up a small length of uni-strap to make a holder for the can. uni-strap is a strip of metal with holes every quarter inch, wrap it around can were the mount bolt goes and replace the bolt and it shood hold together long enough until that custom ordered 2010 600rr comes in.. good luck bud

Quick Reply: Epic Exhaust fail!