Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ending the Season Early

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 03:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ending the Season Early

I got caught being stupid last night and believe that I am going to have to end the season early and park my CBR for the winter - I do not think I can beat this ticket...

A quick poll to try to figure things out...

Old 10-02-2005, 01:36 PM
Default RE: Ending the Season Early

Unlicensed looser enjoy the winter [:'(]

Old 10-02-2005, 02:14 PM

Hey! The first reply to my first post!

Would calling you an a*s in view of the "Assume Rule" be considered flaming?

I am new to motorcycling and have recently gotten a learner's permit, so yes, I am technically unlicensed.

The speeding ticket was earned by accelerating to avoiding a collision - a vehicle proceeded to merge into me on a three lane divided highway. I accelerated from 30 to 68 to pull ahead.

Cheers

PS. Nice bike.

Old 10-02-2005, 04:05 PM

ORIGINAL: drozdila

I got caught being stupid last night
ORIGINAL: drozdila

The speeding ticket was earned by accelerating to avoiding a collision - a vehicle proceeded to merge into me on a three lane divided highway. I accelerated from 30 to 68 to pull ahead.

So ........... for your 3rd post are we going to get the truth ?

My response to your first mega squid post was spot on , so lets try this again .
Welcome to the forums and thanks for the complement [&:]

Old 10-02-2005, 11:13 PM

"Me - I always tell the truth - even when I lie."

Being stupid was going out riding to difuse frustrations on the personal front. The riding course instructor was very specific in that regard. When faced with a hazardous situation, I got upset and rolled on the throttle to pull away from all of the cars surrounding me, which is exactly when I passed by the speed trap.

Thank you for the warm welcome. This seems like a good sandbox to play in - I am sure there are a lot of people willing to share their knowledge.

Old 10-03-2005, 02:29 PM

Doesn't that say 84 in a 35?[sm=bustedsign.gif]

Damn, that sucks bro, good luck with that.

Old 10-03-2005, 05:39 PM

He may very well have done 84 to catch up to me quickly, but I never went over 68. As I am still a novice rider, I frequently check the speedometer. I glanced at it as I cleared the traffic and eased off the accelerator. It said 68.

About a mile down the road I see blue lights in the background. I turn on the directional and go to the right lane. The lights are still behind me - must be me. I signal with my hand and find a place safe for both of us to pull over off the road. The trooper still chose to block a lane of traffic and a side street entrance. Comes over - I am off the bike taking my gloves off. I know I am f*cked. Yes, I can try to explain what happened, but he is not going to listen - it is a red bike and i am wearing a red jacket - he's already made-up his mind to make an example out of me on the side of the road for other motorists. Besides, all I have is a learner's permit and I am riding around after dark. I figure I am getting arrested.

I am now taking off my helmet. He is still silent. Not a good sign - I wish he was screaming at me to start a conversation.

'Good Evening, Sir, ' yield I with the helmet off my head.

"I AM NOT YOUR FRIEND - I DO NOT WANT TO TALK TO YOU! Just give me your papers," he thunders. I think I am actually going to keep my mouth shut.

'Sir, the registration is on the back of the plate, do you mind while I reach to get a screwdriver from the bin?'

"I don't care - just give me the papers," he hisses.

As I hand him the plate and the permit, he ads walking away - "And I am towing the bike."

So much for my hopes of trying to plea to let me leave the bike on the territory of the parking lot my bike is now parked on.

He goes back to the cruiser and I am left to contemplate my fate. I do not want to call my wife at midnight asking for her to come and bail me out and I have no cash. It is Saturday night and I figure I am just going to let the staties feed me sandwiches until Monday. Motorists go crawling by as traffic merges from three lanes to two. A few cyclists ride by. I hear them bouncing off their rev meters as they clear the curve. Is that a rescue attempt or are they just trying to seal my fate?

A car comes up the side street and stops as we are blocking the entrance to the freeway. I move my helmet and gloves closer to the bike so that he can squeeze through. I take a few steps to the cruiser to ask him if I can roll the bike forward, as there is no way I am going to ask him if he want to move his cruiser to allow traffic to pass. He uncontestantly waves his finger at me and I go back to being a spectacle of sorrow by the side of the bike.

Ten minutes has now gone by. The side street is completely blocked and people are attempting three point turns. The good news is that a back-up cruiser has not arrived. Perhaps I will get to walk home...

The tow truck arrives. It is a flat bed - I do not know if that is a good thing or a bad thing, as this is my first time. I am curious as to how they are going to load the bike on. OK, I know the company and the brother of the owner. As it is a police tow, it is not going to be free, but at least they are going to be careful with the bike. The driver, a young kid, walks to the cruiser and comes back to me -

'Is he pissed?' I ask.

"Yes, it's been a long night for him," he says. "I am going to need your help loading the bike on - I do not want to be the one to drop it."

'Cool!' if the bike is going to be damaged, at least I will be the one to do it!

We make a pretty good team with getting the bike on the flatbed and secured with three straps.

The trooper is now out of the cruiser.

"Can I give him a ride to the taxi stand?" asks the driver of him.

"Go" says the trooper.

I am not sure if that means that I am getting arrested and I should come and put my hands on the cruiser or if I should run for the safety of the tow truck cab.

I stand there for a mo

Old 10-03-2005, 05:59 PM

I would usually say get a lawyer and fight it but it sounds like your screwed , but just for giggles call one and ask what your chances are. Sorry I was so hard on you earlyer , but a first post like that was like walking in here covered with gasoline and asking for a match .

Old 10-03-2005, 06:25 PM

I hate it when you get a cop that someone pissed in his cheerios. Sucks man, maybe call a lawyer and find out what your options are. Maybe you can get out of it.

Old 10-03-2005, 07:45 PM

MgA_ODEN,

No worries. Nothing like a sensational introduction : )

Can't say I blame you with the other post that was just started.

Thank you for helping make this post more interesting.

mcvaaahhh,

Thank you for your support.

Unfortunately, I do believe that MgA_ODEN is correct and I am screwed with not being able to beat the ticket. My hopes lay for a severe reduction in the fine and it would make little sense to hire an attorney if cutting costs is the objective. I may ask my attorney if he will take the case for $500 on a winner takes all basis. Common sense, however, says no go.

Although it has been several years since I have received a ticket, this incident sure does bring back memories. As three speeding tickets in a 12 month period will result in license revocation in Massachusetts, I am parking the bike until spring. This will also give me a chance to start on a few maintenance projects I have been meaning to undertake - which brings me to the forum. Too bad the weather has been so tempting the last few days - where are those Northeasters to keep me comfortable at home?

Quick Reply: Ending the Season Early