Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

A$$ encounters

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 09:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A$$ encounters

So today I was out for a nice long ride. I had to dispense the middle finger twice today, there should've been a third. One A$$ hat was straddling the double yellow coming at me, he got it. I won't get into the other one, but the good one was through a larger gorn field near an air port. There's three tight constant radius turns that I was going through. There's 1/4 mile straights, then these turns to zig zag through the field. I was behind some total clown in an S-10 a good 20 yards behind or so. On the last turn in the apex, he cuts deliberately to the right to hit a large puddle on the shoulder. He threw up stones and a whole bunch of water onto the road. I had to take the turn wide (right hander) and just kept the tires on my side of the double yellow. Right as he hit it he was looking back in his mirror to see if he got me. He missed and I didn't have a problem with the turn. At the light up a mile or so I left my dark shield closed but he kept staring at me. I'm not sure what his deal was, but some kid about 20. Any similar incidents happen to any of you? I know there are people out there just looking to cause problems for us.

Old 06-24-2006, 12:21 AM
Default RE: A$$ encounters

man sorry to hear about that. when i ride i'm usually with a few other guys so i guess it's less likely someone will mess with us. *knock on wood* that it hasn't happened. unfortunately, there will always be asswipes out there. i just stay away from them... not worth my time.

Old 06-24-2006, 12:33 AM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Riding in the right lane of a one-way some guy in a sedan pulled up next to me in the left lane and drifted toward me. I looked over, he looked me in the eyes and cranked it into my lane. Brakes and a swerve to the parking lane avoided contact. Wasn't long after that when a friend of mine on a bicycle had the same thing happen a block or so away from there on the same street. He wasn't as lucky, got shoved into the curb, crashed and ended up with a broken leg. We never did find out who the jerks were, or if it was the same jerk after anything on two wheels.

Old 06-24-2006, 12:43 AM

i would have lifted my shield and just stared back what an asshat

Old 06-24-2006, 02:39 AM

Sorry to hear about that.. I've seen people do that. If they do that when I'm driving one of the cars i just get in front and go real slow to let the bike pass and **** off the wipe.

Old 06-24-2006, 02:22 PM

Time for a confession...

I live about 5 miles down dirt roads along with my biking buddy and one night my brother had called me on the cellphone to say that his car broke down and needed some help getting it back to the house. My buddy and I met up with him on the dirt road, Both of us shocked to see that the A-arm was broken off and at that time my brother had the tire off the car and everything apart. Well to make a long story short we had spent several hours out there trying to get this thing back together, there were other issues with it as well (drive axle was torn out and needed replacing).

So here we sat about 4 or 5 hours into helping and it was about 10:30 at night. I had driven my bike back to the house and parked it so that I could bring the truck back and provide extra light. We are sitting there with enough light to luminate almost an entire city block when we here this truck coming. The loud exhaust had given us the indication that he was hard on the accelerator. It would be a matter of moments before he crested the hill about 100 yards back, so I turned the truck flashers on which was in the opposit lane of travel. All vehicals were in the right lane and was traveling in the left (proper traffic flow, Hope that makes sense). Anyhow as he crest the hill, one would think you would atleast let off the gas if not slow using the brakes. This wasnt the case.

He flew past us doing atleast 65mph with only a few feet between us and the ditch. Had my buddy been been back a few more inches we are pretty sure the guy would have hit him with a mirror. So we hollerd at him and cussed him out but I am sure he didnt hear us. My buddy walks back to his bike to move it closer to the side of the road and notices the guy had thrown some gravel all over his new bike.. I seen the scratches and they werent pretty.

So as we sat there, already pissed off over the car giving us so much hassle and now the fact of some idiot and my buddys bike having scratches... low and behold.. the sounds of the same exhaust we hear again.. this time from the other direction in which he had just traveled.

"Is that that *#$@$!" he said

We waited till we could see his lights and be sure... and just as we could confirm it was him, he put the pedal to the floor and come flying by us again doing atleast 65 - 70 and yet even closer to us. My buddy at that time as the guy in the truck was passing had thrown a large rock towards the windshield. We were ready to unleash an asswhooping, but.. he missed and the guy kept going.

Refusing to let this one slide my buddy and I ran to my truck and jumped in... crow bars in hand.

We had lost sight of the guy for a while, but we knew it was a white truck, ford and looked to be around a 1987 or so.

It was our luck that after giving up on trying to find the guy we had turned on the next road to take us back to my brothers car when we had noticed tail lights in a drive way. After being so angered we slowed down and took no chances on tipping this guy off if it were him... I turned out the lights, in netural and killed the engine... we rolled up to his drive and i used the emergency brake to stop us.

It was HIM !! Only it looked as if he had made it inside the house before we had gotten there.

We talked about our options and devised a plan.

My brothers car was back on the road, about 1hr after we returned.

Sitting at our house we could hear the guy driving down the road... exhaust roaring like before.. time was about 130, maybe 2am. By the sounds of it he was heading back to where we had seen him parked earlier.

330am ... on location of the ****** home.. his truck was in his drive way.. and now, so was mine.

The house was dark, one would think everyone was asleep - and all were.

I've got a newer 2005 2500HD 4x4 pick-up with the 6.0L engine.. So my trucks got some ***** to it ... We stretched fathers chain - which is a very large and heavy ch

Old 06-24-2006, 08:54 PM
Retired Super Moderator

Haha reminds me of high school....rode quads frequently, and one of our trails crossed onto another property for at most, 10 yards. You know, one of those things where the only option was to cross onto his property for a second, or ride through a tree. Anyways, he used to call the cops on us, and finally decided he would take it on himself. So one day we're ridin, come around the corner, and this a$$hat unloads a 20 gauge packed with rocksalt--caught some in the arm and the leg. Stuff burns like no other.

Now, this guy has a porch that spans the front of his house. 4 vertical beams holdin it up. So 5 of us go back late that night, me in my wrangler, my buddy in his Ram. We kill the trucks, and push them backwards up to the guy's house. Few minutes later, the chains are all hooked up---2 beams per vehicle. A simple turn of the key and pedal to the floor and CRASH goes the porch! The roof of the porch came down square on the porch itself---it was beautiful! Lights were comin on in the house as we drove off---unhooked the posts and chains a little down the road, and that guy never bothered us about ridin again!

-Adam

Old 06-24-2006, 09:10 PM

damn man that sounds like fun haha well i got one that im sure everyone ahs encountered. i am riding along with the flow of traffick on 695 southbound in baltimore and all of a sudden this @$$hat come barreling up on my rear tire flashing his lights and honking his horn....... so im like WTF?!?!?!!?!? i move to the left lane (i was in the middle) and let him pass. well not being one to back down from anything, i follow him through traffivck and see this jackass cutting people off left and right. well i had gotten ahead of him only to have him return to my 6 and stay there for atleast 3-4 miles (or so it felt like). well its about this time that i remembered that i had some misc. junk in my pocket from work. i reach in and pull out a cylindrical bearing that must weigh atleast 1/4 lbs. well i swoop all the way over to the far right lane, look to my left getting a good bead on him and let loose with the bearing. it lands in the middle lane, bounces up into the left lane and slams into his windshield. after that i just hauled *** to where i was going. needless to say he never saw me again.

Old 06-28-2006, 04:55 PM

There's a dude we know of up here....buddy of a buddy...who has hollowed out the center of his triple tree. In that space he keeps a metal punch. For those who don't know what it does, it's like a heavy duty impact punch, you press down on it, and it kind of double whammy's and puts a hole in whatever you want it to.

So when people are giving this dude a hard time in traffic, he rolls up, pulls out his hole punch, puts it against the window, and BLAM!!! Window shatters all over the seat, scaring the a$$hat!!! Great stuff!!!

Me....I stick with the pocket of misc. metal that I toss directly up and lands behind me if needed.

Old 06-28-2006, 05:03 PM

A year ago on the 25th, I had an A$$ encounter and due to that A$$, I lost control of my bike and went down. At another time I was almost sideswiped by this guy who followed me off the GSP. People were slowing looking at the guy like "WTF R U DOING?" People are stupid and you always need to keep your guard up. Be glad nothing happened.

Quick Reply: A$$ encounters