Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

eh..sorry

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 02:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eh..sorry

I haven't been posting as often lately...I've been running into some problems....

My family is falling apart. They're starting to not care anymore. People are wanting to get divorced and separated. I'm also going to have to sell my house, my bike, and maybe my car too because I don't have money. I'm going to have to move somewhere and I don't know where yet. I know it's not the end of the world, but when your family stops caring about each other and you start to lose what you enjoy most, it's not exactly something to celebrate. It's killing me. I'm more concerned about my family than my car and my bike. I know that if we all are forced to move away from our house, nothing's ever going to be the same again. Nothing.

Funny thing is that most, if not all, of my problems could be solved with money. My parents have always tried to raise me right by telling me that money isn't exactly everything. They left out one thing. They lied and they knew it. Deep down, they know it's everything. Whoever said "more money, more problems" was a damn rich retard that thought they had a lot of problems.

Sorry for the vent, but I thought if somebody rich saw this and could feel my pain, they would give me money.

I don't know what to do, or even if there's anything to do at all. I'm feeling pretty bummed. I've never been religious, but if there's a God, I could sure use your help. Thanks.

Old 09-19-2007, 03:00 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: eh..sorry

That sucks man, I feel for you. I agree with the whole money thing man. It doesn't buy happiness, but it does have a way of sustaining it. I have less stress when I know I can pay my bills, rather than staying up at night and constantly worrying about making a payment for this and that and if I'll get by.

Good luck man. People are defined on how they handle bad situations. Make the best of it, better days are just around the corner.

Old 09-19-2007, 05:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Money problems suck, cos they overide everything else. Food on the table, roof over your head & being able to just kick back from time to time. Go get some financial counselling, sounds weird I know, but often they can see the big picture, make sound recommendations & help prioritise & set realistic goals. Often they can contact the institutions you owe money to (read: rip off banks) and put some breaks on a few things. even get you a consolidation loan (I used a Credit Union), pay off the others & pay back to the one place. Just don't go to some shark or do something silly.
I've been in the same dark hole your in, and it always seems like everythings out of your control, but its not.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:55 AM
Retired Moderator

I'm sorry to hear that news, my friend. Money is the number one cause of divorce. Pacey said it well...it keeps you warm, dry, fed, etc. Have your parents tried any kind of counceling? Have you sat them down and demanded it? You can't make people care for eachother, but sometimes you have to clean off the tarnish to see how beautiful that item is again. Make sense? My parents got separated when I was in the eighth grade and I was broken hearted. Then they got back together because they couldn't afford to be separated, but that didn't feel much better. Theyactually did well, but about six years ago my mom called me and told me they were getting a divorce...after 25+ years?!?!Ultimately, they sat down and communicated with eachother. They realized they had all these 25 year old resentments that were never resolved, and they realized they weren't making the other one first.My mom and dad are more in love than ever, now. It makes me gag, but they are like a couple of love birds after 34 years of marriage. It is possible. Get your folks to talk. Have them use the tools that a professional can give them. I hope it works out for you!

Old 09-19-2007, 07:08 PM

Yep, I agree. Money may not buy happiness but it sure takes away stress.

Good luck FFCBR, I hope things work out for you and your family.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:13 PM

Hang in there. Things always seem darkest when you enter the tunnel, but things do change and there is a light at the end. Try to focus on positive things. Like blue fox said, better days are just around the corner.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:02 PM

Thanks for all the support and suggestions, guys. It means a lot.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:14 PM

I feel your pain bud.... I just got done with my settlement and after all was said and done I got $2,700 for my lost wages... I lost about 10k in lost wages I get stuck behind in my bills and I walk away with $2,700?? I used all but $350 of it on bills and I am still not caught up on.. I needed to get a new lid because mine was cracked and some food for the house.. then after I used what I had for bills and such, my lawyer sends me a letter stating that he messed up on the medical bills and I still owe the hospital over $650 and that its my responsibillity..... WTF this is why I hired this clown..... then the ***** that turned my case down got $833 on my settlement as a referal fee?? I mught end up loosing everything because of this... I hate lawyers..

Old 09-20-2007, 10:38 PM

FF- Keep posting, stay with us, slow down.
This was drafted with blood, in a log cabin, deep in the woods. I wish I was kidding. I love you gearheads, so here goes. I'm gonna open up a little and let you in. It's Not For The Easily Bored (NFTEB)
When I joined this Forum, six short months ago, I had everything money could buy and I felt captive and dirty. Today I can't afford to eat well and I'm feelin'free'n'clean (Love you Ripp'n).
I had a wife of 21 years, with whom I ran a successful dotcom selling beads. Averaged $100K (U.S.) per year, with 60,000 Sq. Ft. of living space, a fleet of vehicles, and servants (three).
I daily took our son (Skyler) to pre-school, then wrapped & shipped bead orders until I picked up Skyler for the evening.
My (Ex-) wife and I worked closely together and so, naturally, there was friction. We saw a marriage councillor, every week, for over a year. We ironed out issues such as: values, boundaries, power, validation, and my personal favorite; intimacy.
What I discovered was that my needs in the relationship were not being met, and never will be. At the same time, I became aware that my son is growing up fast and he thinks I'm a "Superman" (Wolverine, actually). I came to realize that I was a "Bird in a gilded cage", and so, void of self-esteem. My wife (& Partner) absolutely and clinically did not respect (Love, Honor, Cherish...) me. She made me feel like a piece of furniture on the set of (Soap Opera) "General Hospital" every damn day!!
I had "settled", comfortably awaiting Death, me being allpink, warm and dry. I didn't care! There was one little problem, though.
My baby boy is growing up fast and He's watching me like a hawk!
And that's when I had a "Moment of Clarity".
The next day, I lawyered up and shut up. I have not looked back, since. Until now, that is.

I hear you. I know this music. I feel the pain. I see you too are overwhelmed. I can smell the napalm and taste the adreniline. Your thread has caused me to look back for the first time, and it's kinda blurry.
First, I became my own Divorce Attorney* and negotiated a settlement whereby we divided in half all assets & liabilities, and custody. I got the Motorcycle, the K-9, and $1,200 (U.S.) per month. I get the kid for half his life until He's eighteen. She got everything else. Sky attends school in her village.
I lived in fleabag hotels for three months, dying and losing my mind. I became my own Mortgage Broker*, and bought a cabin in the Village of my youth. I got the water, power, T.V., phone, computer, et al. up & running. I even got a Post Office Box and a job, but having one's name on an account somewhere doesn't fill the empty shell of a homo-sapien I became the day of my "Moment of Clarity".
I go to work, I pay the bills, I talk to people but I'm a ghost, inside.
I feel I've died a thousand Deaths.
I feel like Bill Murray in "Groundhog Day".
I feel like this is just a bad dream.
Today I ran litres of gasoline throught a chain saw, clearing hectacres of hilly forest ! I have Juniper sawdust in Pine sap stuck in bleeding wounds, which holds my rent flesh together, like (Voodoo-Dudes') stitching.
Yet,still, I don'tfeel, taste, smell, hear or see any real truth, except one. I love my Self. I love my Son. I love my Country. My God loves me. My love is so great, that it is beyond material possessions. That is all the truth I need know. My One Truth stands up against all Un-Truthes.
So, that's it. I went from "Millionaire", to "Aquaman ofLake Loser" in a very short time. My motive is paternal, my intent is educational and my opportunity is now.
&nbs

Old 09-20-2007, 10:52 PM

ORIGINAL: BlindinOrange

I hate lawyers..
33%. Ugh.