Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ebay auction goin bad!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 02:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ebay auction goin bad!

well i have been selling some stuff on ebay..car systems and my drumset. i found that paypal rapes you when you get paid and that you can do checks and money order..just make sure they know you dont ship until it fully cleard.

on another note about "insurances" i just bought a new 60" sony grand wega tv. they tryed to sell me there 350 warrenty on everything.. cause i guess the bulbs after like two years they need to be replaced.. so i asked him how much they cost..he said 400+ and that i can only get them from sony. i said fine is it hard to replace. he said no...well ebay says 250 shipped to my door for the bulb. so i say fu best buy and your bullcrap warrenty. im not a moron i can replaced a bulb just the same as the kid who would come to my house from best buy. if something really happened i got house insurance.

steve

Old 09-11-2006, 05:03 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRFREEK

OK..i feel your pain..but on a much larger scale...and here is my story

I purchased a new Compaq Presario last year Feb at Circuit Shady (City)..i let the guy talk me into another 300 bux for the everthing is included warranty insurance(BULL****)..so i get a good year and a half out of this laptop and rave about Circuit City and how great they are..then a few weeks ago i turn my laptop on and nothing..and i know something isnt right becasue i can feel it in my gut.I had just powered it down a few hrs earlier.SO after a few trips back and fro here and there..they decide it needs to be sent out for service..and at this time i thank the heavens i had purchased the 300 in case **** happens insurance...so after adjusting to life without a wireless laptop i get a phone call the other day from City Assure.These are the folks who handle the whole underworld of warranty work.....

Im calling to inform you that your laptop has corrosion on the motherboard and this is not covered under your 300 in case **** happens insurance....i dropped the phone...talk about a gut punch..I guess if i drop it or throw it or spill something on it....but to have something normal happen to it which is the reason i bought insurance..its not covered how is this possible..i asked...they couldnt give me a definitive answer..interestring huh..... so ive got a few phone calls out at the moment...

So from that day forward i told them..i would never shop at Circuit Shady again...and assured him i would spread the word about the deceptive insurance they sell the rest of us unsuspecting buyers..so im boycotting Circuit Shady and going to take my money and my buisness elsewhere...so buyer beware...

SPREAD THE WORD....NO MORE CIRCUIT SHADY
I used to work for CC, BB, and American TV (Midwest family owned chain like CC and BB) and they all do that. The extended warranty they sell is crap. I always felt bad trying to sell it to people! On an extreme rare occasion it would work out for the customer but usually the customer would get screwed. They will look for any little thing wrong to say it was abuse so that they don't have to cover it. Now washing machines, dishwashers, refrigerators and crap I would probably get the coverage on because it covers maintenance. Only if it's a good price though for like 10 years, like $200 for 10 years or something. I would never get it on a computer though, or heck a motorcycle for that matter. The lady at the crappy dealership I bought my bike from was pushing me and pushing me to buy either the extended warranty or the maintenance policy. She said that my bike is fuel injected and WHEN the computer breaks on it I'll be screwed out of like $3000. When I wouldn't pay like $800 for that retarded warranty she tried to push the maintenance crap on me. I wish I would have slapped her because that was probably the WORST deal I've ever seen!

I would also like to say get the word out about Cedar Creek Motorsports in Cedeburg WI, they are a HORRIBLE company to do business with! They have by far the WORST service department of ANY vehicle service department I've ever been to!!!

Mike

Old 09-11-2006, 07:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: snowboarding82

I would also like to say get the word out about Cedar Creek Motorsports in Cedeburg WI, they are a HORRIBLE company to do business with! They have by far the WORST service department of ANY vehicle service department I've ever been to!!!

Mike
Thats because you have never been to Alamo Cycle Plex here in San Antonio. I would rather ride my bike off a cliff than let them touch it again. Bunch of snobby arseholes too.

Old 09-11-2006, 08:34 PM

Dude,
make sure you leave NAGATIVE feed back and file it for a refund thru Paypal (if you used paypal) may take a while but you will get your money back. I will not buy from anybody that doesn't take payments using paypal. Good luck

Old 09-25-2006, 10:49 PM

My claim has been filed and it has been a couple weeks. I was wondering if I can sell this broken phone and try to get some money out of it. Or will I have to send it to paypal to get my refund. Anyone have any ideas?

Old 09-26-2006, 05:53 PM

why would you want to sell a broken phone after what you just went thru?? Karma is a ****** ****er!!!!

Old 09-26-2006, 06:30 PM

Sell it as parts!! I did that to one of my phones (i860) and sold it as parts. If it still has the sim or antenna and all, you should be able to get something for it. Just dont false advertise and you'll be fine. I got $32 for my broken phone!

Old 09-26-2006, 07:03 PM
VP

haha my friend actually spray painted his laptop another color, spilled sprite all over it, and broke the screen with his fist in the parking lot after he ran over it with his car which didn't break it and he still got best buy to replace it under their insurance program... he just gets a new laptop every 6 months or so... as long as you agree to buy another service agreement they usually do whatever you want

Old 09-26-2006, 07:33 PM

Costco probably has the best return policy.........no questions ask as long as you have your receipt you get cash back or store credit without....can't beat that.

Old 09-26-2006, 09:54 PM

I was not going to sell the phone and list it as no problems. I would have put the phone is broken and stuff. A lot of people buy them, then fix and resell. I should be able to get about $40 for it broken.

Quick Reply: Ebay auction goin bad!