Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ebay auction goin bad!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay auction goin bad!

I was wondering if anyone has had to file a claim through ebay for an item and if they got their money back? I just purchased a nextel phone last week and the auction stated "like new." It cost me $121 and the phone was broken!!! JUNK!! GARBAGE!! The seller said "sorry no refunds" ... sounds like he knew it was broken to begin with! I am so pissed you don't even understand!!! GRRRRR If that guy was here right now I would kick his a$$ so bad... so anyone?

Old 09-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Default RE: Ebay auction goin bad!

Sorry about your luck but you are in luck. I just changed from Nextel over to Cingular and have an i860 w/charger and it works...garaunteed or your money back! I'll take $50 plus shipping.

Old 09-09-2006, 10:18 PM

Email me at sceptre69@hotmail.com if you are interested

Old 09-10-2006, 02:30 AM

Yes if you paid with paypal. They will refund your money and it only take about 2 weeks at the most. If you did not pay by paypal your out of luck. What i would do is watch the guy and bid on every item he ever posts on ebay. Win the auctions and never pay. lol (joking)

Old 09-10-2006, 03:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if the item description is incorrect ebay will cover you under the buyer protection. as already mentioned, you must use *their* payment service to be covered. i think they cover up to like $200, or it could be more now.

however when you get dumbasses that bid $200 on a psp box, that is clearly stated in the descrip....then you are SOL.

Old 09-10-2006, 01:26 PM

OK..i feel your pain..but on a much larger scale...and here is my story

I purchased a new Compaq Presario last year Feb at Circuit Shady (City)..i let the guy talk me into another 300 bux for the everthing is included warranty insurance(BULL****)..so i get a good year and a half out of this laptop and rave about Circuit City and how great they are..then a few weeks ago i turn my laptop on and nothing..and i know something isnt right becasue i can feel it in my gut.I had just powered it down a few hrs earlier.SO after a few trips back and fro here and there..they decide it needs to be sent out for service..and at this time i thank the heavens i had purchased the 300 in case **** happens insurance...so after adjusting to life without a wireless laptop i get a phone call the other day from City Assure.These are the folks who handle the whole underworld of warranty work.....

Im calling to inform you that your laptop has corrosion on the motherboard and this is not covered under your 300 in case **** happens insurance....i dropped the phone...talk about a gut punch..I guess if i drop it or throw it or spill something on it....but to have something normal happen to it which is the reason i bought insurance..its not covered how is this possible..i asked...they couldnt give me a definitive answer..interestring huh..... so ive got a few phone calls out at the moment...

So from that day forward i told them..i would never shop at Circuit Shady again...and assured him i would spread the word about the deceptive insurance they sell the rest of us unsuspecting buyers..so im boycotting Circuit Shady and going to take my money and my buisness elsewhere...so buyer beware...

SPREAD THE WORD....NO MORE CIRCUIT SHADY

Old 09-10-2006, 10:44 PM
Retired Super Moderator

Hate to burst your 2 week bubble, but i bought an ipod off of ebay that ended up being fried when i got it----the seller was completely cooperative, and it took Paypal 3 months to get me back my $200.

But i did get it back.

-Adam

Old 09-11-2006, 12:04 AM

Four things to make you a safe shopper with ebay.

1) know what it is your shopping for so no suprises some up.

2) Thuroughly read the whole add/item sales page

3) Check there comments and buyer feedback. Some people may have dealt with them and they lack in certain areas over others such as yes maybe they ship great etc but when something is wrong take their sweet *** time etc.(all though this isn't bullet proof cause some accounts get hijacked and no matter what you do your F***ed cause it's a thief running it and your only safe out is again PAYPAL!!!!!)

4) USE PAYPAL.....NEVER MONEY ORDERS EVER!!!! Pay pal will cover you up to a few $k.

Old 09-11-2006, 12:22 AM

Yea all I use is paypal. I alway clearly read the auctions before buying. The phone definitly said "like new, no problems" then i get the phone and the mic is shoot. A nextel guy told me there was something definitly wrong with the phone. Do you know if I will have to send the phone to paypal or back to the guy? The only thing I am worried about is he is making up a bunch of lies and telling paypal its my fault it doesn't work. He said switching my old SIM card from my old phone that was junk screwed the new phone up. After having a nextel for 2 months he is a pro I guess. I talk to a nextel guy and he said that is a load of crap! It seems like ebay latly has been going down the tubes. To many bad people on there. [sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 09-11-2006, 12:44 AM

ORIGINAL: isolated1523

Hate to burst your 2 week bubble, but i bought an ipod off of ebay that ended up being fried when i got it----the seller was completely cooperative, and it took Paypal 3 months to get me back my $200.

But i did get it back.

-Adam
Well I have had to file disputes 2 times and had my money back in under 2 weeks

Quick Reply: Ebay auction goin bad!