Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

To each his or her own.. but...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 01:47 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default To each his or her own.. but...

Whenever I see a bike 'stunted out' it looks like a POS to me. I know that it is totally functional and I have respect for those that possess the testicular fortitude and skill to do those stunts.. but man.. the poor F4i seems to be a big favorite... I guess because the EFI, relatively low weight, power....

When I see this:
'

I automatically think that it should look like this:

Look at the great examples of F4s and F4is on here (not to mention the other CBRs of course) and dayam...

just venting my own personal opinion... this is not a personal attack on stunting.. a grain of salt provided to those that require it.

Adam

Old 02-17-2010, 02:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotta agree with you, I like full fairing bikes a whole lot better than 'street fighters' but like you said, to each their own.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:06 PM

i have to agree a 100%. not attaking stunters. i love watching them in parking lots. but it makes those bikes look something horrid. my bike was a stunt bike when i got it. had the cage, 12bar, monster gearing and everything else. i rode it this way for a week and was done with it. who wants to only go 55-65mph on a sport bike just so they can pop wheelies to impress people? it is currently stripped down to be built back up into a street/ track bike. another thing that screams stupid to me are all those dmn stretched huge rear tire bikes. sports and twins!! says to me, ya i paid a ton to look like a dmb chit!!! forgot to ad..purchase a valve shim kit when you order that huge sprocket. your gonna need it soon<<<<<<<<<

Last edited by speeddemonx60; 02-17-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

i'm sorry for your pain.

not my bike; not my concern.

Old 02-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Where'd you get a picture of me doing a wheelie?

Old 02-17-2010, 04:32 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

u serious? I looked for a smiley.. didnt see one.. lol

Old 02-17-2010, 06:00 PM

I agree with you guys full fairing set is where its at.. I think street fighters just look.. well like they are missing something or been wrecked or something. I love watching stunters but you can do it with all your plastics still on your bike just look at jason britton... rides good looking bikes with full fairings and still stunts..

Old 02-17-2010, 07:23 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

^ And most of the pro's now do stunt full faring bikes. However while learing you are gonna crash, plastic is fragile and expensive. Besides you guys can also reap the benefits, anyone who has crashed and bought farings off ebay, might have gotten a nice set from a stunter.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:44 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

I like both... they each have there pros and cons...
But I do like full fairing more mainly because of highway commuting.
To me, as long as my engine is running strong thats all that matters I could care less what my fairings look like or what people think of me (its my first 6 and I just love to ride thats why)
If i ever buy a new model thats a different story.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dunno, my eyes always tend to drift to the mechanics of almost any given sportbike. I think full faired bikes look great for photos and whatnot, but once I'm ever up close and personal on a bike, things like the brakes, suspension, etc. stand out in my eyes. That being said, I do prefer the fully-faired look, but a properly stunt-prepped bike can look good in its own right just by having well-built and/or pricey aftermarket parts and etc. For me it's kinda like looking at a rally-prepped car, most of the time they're kinda beat up and ugly up and down, but you just know how much fun's been had with it and whatever's beat up or weird looking kinda fades.