Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

...this dude REALLY hates Harley's LOL

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ...this dude REALLY hates Harley's LOL

Ha ha, I was googling some anti-harley stuff after getting stuck behind them almost everyday last week going 12mph UNDER the speed limit and found this guy:

http://www.goingfaster.com/angst/noharley2.html

Now THAT guy is dedicated!

Old 05-14-2006, 12:56 AM
Default RE: ...this dude REALLY hates Harley's LOL

That's what I'de say is a radical !!!!!!! he caught the whole essence of how I feel about "Harley's" 800lbs of rolling death on two wheel's that you can't control, nothing but COMMERCIALIZATION, nothing but an IMAGE, latly I've had this thing for HD rider's and their "OC Chopper" counter part's...... their all a buncha chump's[sm=boosign.gif] no wave, no nothin, like their **** don't stink, pisses me off [:@] I actually looked at a "Buel" a few year's back, thuoght they were a good lookin bike, AMERICAN made but **** $12,000 and not a good track recored, and it's not really high performance. that's when I looked to the tryed and true jap bike..............ok i'am done[sm=rant.gif]

Old 05-14-2006, 01:12 PM

Let's hear some HD horror stories from the road guys! Good stories are welcome as well, they're just not as fun to read lol

Old 05-14-2006, 06:47 PM

i started reading that and realized that 40 yrs went buy and i missed my retirement, damn!!
what a waste of time

Old 05-15-2006, 12:38 AM

man! and i thought i hated everything harley!!!!!!!! i can under stand his viewpoint due to the fact that where i moved to is filled with nothing but harley and harley wanna-be's (except for the honda cruisers!!!!! which we all know are superior to anything else out there!!!) all i can say is the guy was seriously pissed off when he wrote that. and here is my "harley horror story" when idecided to move to mississippi, i took the short way here and it only took me about ten hours and one speeding ticket (103 in a 75). well when i was passing through pensacola to on to mobile, i was coming up on a group of what i thought were just cruisers out for a ride. well i couldnt have been more wrong. i got behind the group of about twenty or so "riders" and saw that stomach churning emblem for hardley dangerous. as i proceeded to pass them on a four lane empty highway, i get this look from each and every single one o f them like who the hell do you think you are passing us?????????? from that point on i just rode beside them till they turned off the highway to rest or whatever it is they do. just my ranting.

Old 05-15-2006, 02:28 AM

That guy pretty much nailed it dead on with that one. Funny thing is My uncle has a Harley and he doesn't even like it. He's been riding since the late 50's and his first bike was a harley of some sort. After that in the early 60's he got into Honda big time. Ever since he's had CB 750's, magnas, dirt bikes and you name it. In '99 or '00 he bought a new Sportster 1200 to give it a whirl one last time. Since then he's done sooooo much work on it that it finally runs right and he doesn't want to sell it because of all the work he's put into it. He complains about the frankenstein technology, the lack of power twin, and all of the other half assed HD design flaws. I remember back in '93 my cousin bought a new 900 RR and my uncle hopped on it and tore *** down the road up on one. He loved it. I can't believe (and neither can he) that he bought an HD after all these years. He's coming to visit tomorrow for about a week since he's retired now and I was really hoping he'd bring the sportster so I could give it a ride. He said he'd take my F4i around to feel a real bike for a change lol. So there's proof that at least one harley rider has some sense and dislikes them!
PS: he doesn't sport any harley gear or any of that other dresser crap.

Old 05-15-2006, 11:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok......WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAY too long for me. i tried to keep interest, but come on now....

Old 05-15-2006, 07:51 PM

yep he nailed it, lol. my neighbor just sold his zx-6 for a harley. he has been able to ride it twice no thanks to it fouling out the plugs every 20 mi or so. he regrets he sold his zx for a bucket of bolts. like i always say," why give up a super model to date a fat chick?"

Old 05-15-2006, 09:07 PM

As a rider of both a Harley and a CBR I can honestly say, I love them both. They are both unique in their own ways. That guys rant ... well I made it to about the second paragraph and got sick of reading the mindless crap he was spewing. Harley's are great and so are the sport bikes. Who the hell cares as long as you are on 2 wheels, and enjoying yourself.

Old 05-15-2006, 10:32 PM

yeah I apologize for not throwing out a warning about how long that rant was but damn, it was entertaining and somewhat informative to say the least lol. I personally don't hate HD bikes but, unless they get tweaked after the drive home, anyone I've ever known to own one has had more than a few issues first year they owned it. I'm glad there's so many people out now on two wheels, it's just almost always the HD guys that **** me off the most.

Quick Reply: ...this dude REALLY hates Harley's LOL