Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

DSL help

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007 | 12:35 AM
Banned
Default RE: DSL help

Gaffing twelve poles for one customer!?!? Damn! We have a lot of new step poles now so their gaff training is pushed back to your 14th week.

Psycho - I work for NPG Co., based out of St. Joseph, Missouri. I have thought about putting in a transfer for somewhere in Arizona or Southern California as we have bought other companies there all under the same name. It would just suck to do that and then end up not liking any of the guys there! Rumor has it that if you lose your terminator tool in Arizona you're canned... haven't lost mine yet, but damn.

Hassel - I hear ya though. We offer the digital phone systems now but it's all based on our copper so we don't have those issues as you do, haha. It was wild though to learn all the new cable stuff, and at the same time learning twosted pair wiring, ring and tip, scotchlocks, digi-switches (hate 'em), punch downs, nids and the ol' christmas tree bumblebee, haha. It's all pretty intense for the guys that have been in the field for 20 years.They just want to get into the home, hook up the modem and hope it comes online, haha. Most of them fail to even try to learn VoIP testing, ping rates, M.O.S. in reference to phone systems, insertion loss, tap/node values, up and down signal levels... hell I could go on all night, haha. I take pride in knowing that my job requires a brain... law enforcement surely didn't challenge me that way, let alone on a day to day basis.

Okay, I think we've officially hijacked this thread, haha.

Voodoo - get cable-based broadband! (sorry Hassel!)

Old 04-23-2007 | 12:44 AM

dude your flux capacitor went out that was the problem we had at my house those pieces of **** always break

Old 04-23-2007 | 12:45 AM

i read the thread title "DSL Help" and thought it was about the other DSLs.

Old 04-23-2007 | 12:50 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Dluv35

Hahaha...

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

[sm=nothatway.gif]

Old 04-23-2007 | 12:50 AM
VP

I thought the same thing at first

Old 04-23-2007 | 01:12 AM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

Gaffing twelve poles for one customer!?!? Damn! We have a lot of new step poles now so their gaff training is pushed back to your 14th week.
so now im really looking forwards to work tomorrow, lmao

sure did, lol, 4 spans of aerial service wire, and 8 splice closures for that lady. its not too common that it gets that ugly, but when things go wrong in the country, they go wrong hard, lol. it is pretty common to run 5+ spans of service wire, on almost a daily basis, since they live sometimes a half mile into the woods, away from the serving terminal. plenty of stepped poles in the city, one stepped in that whole entire town... lol betcha we dont have a single fat tech outside:-p

Old 04-23-2007 | 01:29 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

I thought the same thing at first

Damn, I'd reckognize those Jolie lips anywhere... nice find VP!

Haha, that sucks, Hassell! You're right though, while not completely labor intensive - you don't see a lot of overweight field techs for phone or cable companies!

Here's a better pic...

Name:  untitled-4.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  8.6 KB

Old 04-23-2007 | 01:55 AM

Really you get canned if you lose your term tool that blows. Yea we had the phone system going for about a year now it's fun when their was a rookie telephone guy there before you and have to pull ever single plate out just to change pairs. I had a bump pole new connect listed as a reco so they gave me less time to do it in had a 23 2 port tap 3 poles and about another 200 hundred feet attached to the building just to do internet for a bussiness that will most likly get a tap disco in about 2 months anyways had to use 11 line and they did not want to see it at all. Don't you hate that you do all this work then they switch to satalite or go up for nonpay in 2 month or less F**king sucks.

Old 04-23-2007 | 02:16 AM

ORIGINAL: psycojester

Really you get canned if you lose your term tool that blows. Yea we had the phone system going for about a year now it's fun when their was a rookie telephone guy there before you and have to pull ever single plate out just to change pairs. I had a bump pole new connect listed as a reco so they gave me less time to do it in had a 23 2 port tap 3 poles and about another 200 hundred feet attached to the building just to do internet for a bussiness that will most likly get a tap disco in about 2 months anyways had to use 11 line and they did not want to see it at all. Don't you hate that you do all this work then they switch to satalite or go up for nonpay in 2 month or less F**king sucks.
ya bro, we have to put up with a lot of bull**** in our line of work

Old 04-23-2007 | 04:03 AM

[/quote] I thought the same thing at first

[/quote]

^^^^^those are what i am talking about!!!! angelina