Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

drifting vs stunting

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: drifting vs stunting

ORIGINAL: thisismyacct

$5000 in damages and tires? Do you go to competitions for this or just do it on the road? I guess I've caused a lot of premature wear on tires by drifting but only the back two really. I've never really had to repair anything on account of it though.
yes now almost every other day i go to a track and practice. I do competitions but only the amature stuff, i started off on the streets yous like you guys(even now sometimes i go crazy and i go on highways on rams off ramps hell everywhere) but i had one small wreck on the street that made me open my eyes, so i took it to the track! but ever since i have been driving on the track i improved so mutch i can actuallydo70-75 mph drifts with out even thinking twice about it, and the best part is i dont have to worry if i go in to the turn sideways and worryif there is oncoming traffic that i have to worry about, so just that alone lets you just free up and go all out. and the bad part is 5k yea most of it was on me crashing the car and about 1200 on tires used tires too, but now since igot better i can actually benefit from bettertires, the worst i donow is just spin out thats about it or maybe tap my bumper which is not that bad. The worst part is now that i actally got better it istime for upgrades formye36 m3**** coilovers, strees bars,lsd(limited slip differenyial NOT DRUGS),tcs handbrake, maybe a turbo....and the list will never stop. But it is a lot of fun once you get some skill to the point where you can do what ever you want with the car AND YOU WONT CRASH HE HE HE

Old 11-17-2008, 06:57 PM

at first i thought this thread was about drifting on bikes. that's what i want to learn.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Gville George

at first i thought this thread was about drifting on bikes. that's what i want to learn.
he he he i would not be hereright now if i was driftin on the bike. i can do a burn out on my54 and slowly release the brakes and keep going or do a half dicent rolling circle but thats about it. i would never even try to do that stuff that rossi does and plus you would have to have some serious hp on the bike to be able to do it going around 160mph( or what ever the speed is whenhe does that)on the dry...

Old 11-17-2008, 07:24 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

you never said what your rockin ... s13, s14 , fc, fd, sw20 ? Z32

Old 11-17-2008, 07:29 PM

yes i did i said e36 m3 u c i am different then rest...but then agan if i knew that i would get in to the drifting i would be rockinga s14 with asr20 probably.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:12 PM

im with the others... drift my jeep in the snow, sooo much fun. Nice ride btw i love the m3's

Old 11-17-2008, 09:31 PM

Oh shiz dude, you're doin it in a e36 m3 :P I was pretty sure you do that stuff on a track if you've dropped 5k into your car for it. I've got an e46 328ci.. which is about what the e36 m3's are. I've never taken it to the track.. only in big empty parking lots. I dunno if I'd have the heart to take my baby out and risk it though.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:25 PM

thanks...nice cari wish i could afford e46 m3 or even e 92 ohhhh.....i know how it is when there are no pic or videos so here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1883GWkiCs
by the way this is when i first started my4th or 5thtrack day two...now i got more skills sincethen so i been going to tighter and smaller tracks then that, and sorry but i dont have any other videos since then ill have to get myself a film crue....

Old 11-17-2008, 11:18 PM

If I ever had a lot of extra cash I would def. be building myself a track car. Not necessarily for drifting, but I would be getting out there. From the looks of it you guy a nice car and you're off to a good start!

Old 11-18-2008, 01:06 AM

wow that looks like a **** load of fun, nice skills, and i can see now how you can go through so much rubber haha

Quick Reply: drifting vs stunting